We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food & Beverage Prices Cape Panwa Hotel

Which Cape Panwa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Food & Beverage Prices Cape Panwa Hotel

Hope to visit early May for a week (couple).

Would appreciate any input as to current prices for dining & drinking at the various Bars-food/restaurant outlets, is wine reasonably priced?

Silly prices in the UK even even in pub's...

Pay cash or is it charged to room with service charge included or? Any other pertinent info'/tips would really be appreciated.,don't want to be caught short!..Ahh no reply from hotel site, do they have Hammocks and snorkelling gear provided or £$?

Many thanks, I'm sure your response will also assist our fellows.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food & Beverage Prices Cape Panwa Hotel

I cant remember seeing hammocks or snorkelling gear. I noticed some guests bought their own mask/snorkel or had brought from home. Lovely sun lounges and umbrellas though. They do have canoes you can use at the beach. each room has a huge sun lounge bed on the balcony.

Cocktails 160++ baht.They have happy hours at 6:30 and 9:30. 2 drinks served at the same time for price of one, popcorn and nuts too. We varied where we ate. Some nights at the hotel others at the 6 or so small cafes in the area. Meals at the main hotel cafe were about 1,000 to 1500 baht for 2 including drinks. Dinner at Panwa house was more but so worth it for the food and ambience.

Beer or slushy drinks at the beach or pool were about 100++ baht. They have special buffet nights like steak night or seafood, I thought these were value for money. There is a meal voucher system you can do but I dont know how this works as didnt do it. Wine is very exe everywhere in Thailand hence we stuck to cocktails etc. Meals at local places much cheaper, spent about 500 baht for 2 dishes, rice and drinks. Mini bar not cheap. We stocked up at the local super market for soft drink, beer, snacks. I loved the food no matter where we ate. Breakfast is so huge we often didnt need lunch.

You sign for everything and pay when you check out.If you go through the hotel reviews you will find lots of info. Hope this helps.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food & Beverage Prices Cape Panwa Hotel

Many thanks for taking the time out to write the info' Georgette, can't beat local knowledge.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food & Beverage Prices Cape Panwa Hotel

Hi Islandlad,

Dinner in the restaurants can work out quite expensive but is of a high quality . My favourite is The Top Of the Reef restaurant which is an elegant yet cosy grill room serving steaks and fresh seafood witha good ALa Carte menu. I always go for the 720 b set menu which has 2 choices for each course. The hotel with its sister Kantary Bay gives you a choice of 6 restaurants and 4 bars. Otters bar always has a happy hour 18.30hrs to 19.30hrs and the Light House bar 21.30 hrs to 22.30 hrs. The buffet nights at the hotel are also superb. The cheapest way to sample is to buy the dinner coupons on arrival either

pay for 10 get 3 free or pay for 5 get 1 free.

Wine is quite expensive but if you buy at happy hour I had a caraffe it was get another free the caraffe was around 550b . There are some very good outside restaurants Jamies seafood also Hilltop and Sawadee next to Kantary Bay .Also in the village there is some street food stalls which I can recomend the food is cheap and very good also do not miss the Banana pancakes they are so yummy.

For a fun night with much cheaper drinks and he does not skimp with the shots his cocktails are quite strong visit Russell and Wassana at the Sunset Bar in the village. I took my own mask and snorkel . If you go on recomended boat trips many operators provide mask and snorkel . If you go over to Coral Island or Banana beach you can hire over there. Russell sometimes operates a boat trip to Banana beach and is a good day out with others from the Sunset Bar . I found the cheapest restaurant in Cape Panwa to be the Sawadee and another good one but you would need a 5 minute taxi ride is the Beach Bar on the beach near the Novotel. This restaurant was very cheap and is well known for its cuisine and fresh seafood. Cocktails at Babas Pool Club Sri Panwa Hotel is also worth a visit for the ambiance and setting.

Julie

Edited: 10:29 am, April 13, 2010
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food & Beverage Prices Cape Panwa Hotel

Jenson,

You R Special! for yr' kind educated most helpful reply!

You took time out to put it together for which I sincerely say a "Warm Heartfelt Thanks"..X

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food & Beverage Prices Cape Panwa Hotel

Hi Julie,

do you recall if dinner vouchers can go on the bill and also be used for beverages..'' tip cash as you go or ? If heavy service charge, additional out of hand tipping can mount up..Tnks

Edited: 2:12 am, May 01, 2010
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food & Beverage Prices Cape Panwa Hotel

Hi,

The dinner vouchers can not be used for beverage if you do not use all your vouchers you lose them as I had some spare as I ate out quite a bit as well.There is a set limit on them i think it was around 720b this covered me for the set menu in Top of the Reef which was superb. If i had gone onto the A La Carte menu i would then have been charged the difference. If you want to tip tip as you go . I do agree sometimes you can end up tipping all day . At most of the restaurants you will find a set price to cover your vouchers that you have. Have a great holiday and say hi to Russell for me and Wassanna in the Sunset Bar if you go there.

Julie

7. Re: Food & Beverage Prices Cape Panwa Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, November 01, 2010