We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maenam Resort / other family accomodation

Which Mae Nam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
stockport
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Maenam Resort / other family accomodation

I am trying to get some feedback on the Maenam Resort . It has a website but I cannot find any reviews on it on Trip Advisor or on Sawadee. Has anyone stayed there or know anything about it?

Also we are struggling to find any familyaccomodation in the Maenam area which has twin beds rather than King Size or Doubles or which has interconnecting rooms. We are travelling with two teenage children aged 18 and 14 who do not want to share a bed. Neither do they want to be in a seperate bungalow. Any ideas? Thanks.

vienna
Level Contributor
24 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maenam Resort / other family accomodation

i stayed there the second time this january.

it is a thai run resort and the beach bungalows are really nice. with outdoor shower, great seaview, big rooms. you will fall asleep with the sound of the waves....

just the restaurant isn`t a big deal. but you have enough opportunitys around. for example, the shaddy resort next to them, really good food.

they have also family bungalows but i`m not sure i this ones are connected or with extra beds. i think they don`t have the outdoor shower.

you can only book it directly via e-mail. the first time we had to guarantee with creditcard and everything worked fine. this year they didn`t request a guarantee anymore from us.

http://www.maenamresort.com/

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Edited: 7:21 pm, April 09, 2010
stockport
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Maenam Resort / other family accomodation

Thanks for the links. The resort on trip advisor is listed as Mae Nam which is why I couldnt find it originally!.

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maenam Resort / other family accomodation

this is a good choice on my fave beach on samui, very good for the price.

vienna
Level Contributor
24 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maenam Resort / other family accomodation

mabybe you would like to check this resort: http://www.cocopalmsamui.com

we stayed there in the past. a friend of mine stayed there last month and everything was fine. as i remember they have double bungalows also but i`m not sure about connecting rooms. just ask them if you like.

the beach there is also nice and they provide sunbeds, you also have a pool there. but it is more remoted than maenam resort. the location is at the end of maenam beach

The Hague
Level Contributor
384 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maenam Resort / other family accomodation

Have a look at the Florist Resort http://www.floristresort.com/ it is in the Maenam area and seems to have what you are looking for

stockport
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Maenam Resort / other family accomodation

Thanks. We've actually just booked into the Florist. They have interconnecting rooms and twin beds! Good trip advisor feed back too. The Mae Nam resort only has seperate rooms and double beds.

The Hague
Level Contributor
384 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maenam Resort / other family accomodation

I am happy to hear you found what you were looking for.

They seem very nice, for e.g. we are travelling with a couple of friends and have made separate reservations, our friends have made theirs one wk after mine, but had a more cheap fare. When I asked them how come this different rate they explain me that they had change their fare, but that they will apply the more cheaper to us too. Very honest and nice.

8. Re: Maenam Resort / other family accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 09, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Mae Nam