We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expedia city breaks to Bruges-be aware of whats not included

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Expedia city breaks to Bruges-be aware of whats not included

If you book a package trip to Bruges to include travel and hotel - dont you expect that would be it and there would be no extra travel costs incurred? Not so with Expedia - they only get you as far as Brussels and you have to buy a ticket from Brussels to Bruges yourself which was another £45.5O return for two. This was not pointed out to me at the time of booking ( having booked over the phone as was having trouble with the website).Whilst travelling on the train from Brussells to Bruges, we met another couple who had booked a similar package to us with another company and their ticket included travel to Bruges- I think Expedia need to address this issue. We also wanted to travel from ebbsfleet as it is only 10 minutes from our house but was told that it did not stop there and we had to go from kings cross, so again we had to pay extra for a train ticket to kings cross - and guess what - it stopped at ebbsfleet!!!

4 replies to this topic
Essex
Level Contributor
27,474 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expedia city breaks to Bruges-be aware of whats not included

AH, you have posted this on the forum for Bruges in FRANCE

not Brugge (yes another Bruges) in Belgium!

Your post, though, does just show how much it pays to check, check and check again all the details in anything that you book. Also to make-sure that the trip you want is the trip you have booked!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g188671-i448-Bru…

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,621 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Expedia city breaks to Bruges-be aware of whats not included

You posted in the wrong forum. This is Bruges near Bordeaux, France. You may want to repost here: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g188671-i448-Bruge…

Edit: Ah, EssexWanderer beat me to it! ;-)

Edited: 10:44 am, July 08, 2012
Essex
Level Contributor
27,474 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Expedia city breaks to Bruges-be aware of whats not included

It's not often I win!! :-D

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews