We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FYI, stolen luggage on Rajaferry from Samui to Donsak

1 post
Save Topic
FYI, stolen luggage on Rajaferry from Samui to Donsak

We left Bo Phut this morning, with a package bought from Bo Phut Travel Agency (located in Bo Phut Pier). It included a pickup from hotel, ferry to Don Sak and a bus ride to Surath Tran airport.

We were loaded into a bus eventually, all luggage into bus's storage. Bus drove into the ferry and passengers walked in as well. After the ferry trip we continued with the bus for awhile and were then instructed to get off at a point and given our luggage. Smaller taxis were to pick us up since we had different destinations. At this point a frenchman noticed that his bag had been opened and something was missing. He got quite angry. I somehow naively thought that, that wouldn't have happened to us. How wrong I was! Now, hours later in Bangkok, unpacking our stuff and just realized it happened to us too.

NUMBER OF ITEMS STOLEN FROM OUR LUGGAGE. The only part when it could have happened was during the 2-hour ferry trip. They have searched the bags and stolen anything of value to them.

Be aware of this. The ferry was Rajaferry, I don't know the bus company's name, but it was bought from the Bo Phut Travel Ag. like I mentioned.

Lock all pockets of your backpacks! I just took mine of for this "short trip" during the last re-packing. Obviously should've not. :(

-Mika

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FYI, stolen luggage on Rajaferry from Samui to Donsak

That is terrible and thanks for the warning, I hope they didn't steal anything valuable.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
399 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FYI, stolen luggage on Rajaferry from Samui to Donsak

Thanks for the warning. Not great to hear about your experience.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: FYI, stolen luggage on Rajaferry from Samui to Donsak

i will advise all my first to be safe in bus journey

because in my known knowledge more than 10 stolen case happen like this

Not only in boat even bus too..

4. Re: FYI, stolen luggage on Rajaferry from Samui to Donsak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 05, 2013