We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Absolute Sanctuary or Samahita retreat?

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Absolute Sanctuary or Samahita retreat?

Hi I a a single traveller that needs to choice between these two retreats. Samahita does not have rooms during that time so i would have to stay close to the resort but Absolute Sanctuary can accommodate me in all aspects. I am a single traveller that is seeking yoga and detox, any suggestions? I'm going end of Nov'12 for 7 days.

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Absolute Sanctuary or Samahita retreat?

Hi

I have never been to any of them but if this were for me i would choose the place that's offers all aspect of my need for convenient. I wouldn't want to go to retreat and stay somewhere else.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
8,447 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Absolute Sanctuary or Samahita retreat?

I hope you are aware that it will be rainy season on Samui in November.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
114 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Absolute Sanctuary or Samahita retreat?

I just got back from 7 days at Samahita Retreat and it was amazing! The rooms and property were really clean. The programs were excellent - you will get a full schedule of your detox or wellness program and meet with the wellness team daily for talk. The treatments were excellent - all the massage therapists are well trained. The beach is quiet, calm and felt like a private beach - there are only other villas and small beach front cafes (which were quiet most of the time). There was rain everyday but it only lasted 15-30 minutes and the rest of the day was sunny or overcast.

I also considered Absolute Sanctuary as well. The packages are very similar but the price at Samahita was lower. During my walks I noticed that there were two other properties - I think Easy Time Resort (on same road) and Laemsor Residence (beachside). Not more than 2-3 minutes walk from Samahita. I noticed that some people also stayed offsite and did the yoga daily. There are lockers where you can store your personal belongings and yoga mat, and they have shower, lounge chairs, bean bag and long cushions for napping. So I think its doable to stay offsite and do your detox at Samahita.

Edited: 12:37 am, September 18, 2012
4. Re: Absolute Sanctuary or Samahita retreat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 21, 2013