We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jellyfish

uk
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Topic
Jellyfish

Hi, just wondering if there is a time of year or time of day that jellyfish are more prevalent. Im going to bophut in June next year, and although not too bothered about swimming in the sea off the beach I want to do a snorlekking trip to ang thong marine park.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,390 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Jellyfish

Let's try and put this in some kind of perspective. Out of the tens of thousands of tourists visiting Ang Thong for diving, snorkelling and swimming activities each year, how many Box jellyfish stings have you actually heard about?

Level Contributor
738 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Jellyfish

@ fresh prince - not idea about your question but I like to know!

Until now I didn't consider jellyfish an issue... Was aware that there are jellyfish in KS but didn't consider them lethal!

My question is we are staying in South Chewang and plan to go in the sea - in the Very shallow part as we can't swim - we talking up to knee high. Should I be concerned? Do I need to worry about my daughter paddling around in the sea? I suspect the answer is no but would like to hear someone confirm it :)

Thanks

England
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Jellyfish

Camille's Samui Info blog posted a report on Box Jellyfish around Koh Samui yesterday - if you want to know more visit http://samui-weather.blogspot.co.uk/

london
Level Contributor
198 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Jellyfish

Crikey! thats a bit scarey

New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Jellyfish

Camille is a wealth of info and he knows weather better than anyone, Plus he has a great resuaurant report now and then although his diving and running seems to have take priority. His report on Jellyfish is fair and true but to be honest you have more chance of gettting run over by some mad farang on a scooter in Samui than getting stung by a box jelly fish. I swim in the sea like a fish and have never seen a jelly fish in 9 years but have heard of one bad experience, uyes use vinegar. You need to keep things close to reality and know that a heck of alot of people swim in samui and never have issues but go on the road and there are many stories.

london
Level Contributor
198 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Jellyfish

Thank you ! I agree 100 per cent ..The trouble with us Brits is we dont have anything here that can kill us! we dont even have very extreme weather so we are kind of nervous of anything dangerous!

I cant wait to go swimming and snorkeling in the sea

17. Re: Jellyfish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bophut