We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baan Bophut and the Floods

Which Bophut hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lydney, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Baan Bophut and the Floods

Hi,

We are due to arrive at the Baan Bophut in mid April and wondered if anyone had any idea of how it has been affected by the floods?

Also, what about the Fishermans Village? Is that badly affected.

Assuming that it stops raining in the next couple of days do you think it will be reasonably back to normal by April 13th?? Will the sea and beach be affected by the flood water?

Thanks in advance.

uk
Level Contributor
12 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baan Bophut and the Floods

Hi,

Due to arrive in Bophut 7/4/11 can anyone let us know what this resort is like at the moment, especially Bophut resort and spa.

Hotel are saying no damage but i find this a little hard to believe,

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you

melbourne
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baan Bophut and the Floods

Hi

I spoke to Hansar samui today (31/3/11) where we are staying in two weeks and they said there is no damage at this resort and the main village is just about back to normal.

I am not sure if this is correct.

We have been to Koh Samui many times and cant wait to go back for a great holiday and support the local people but am not really sure about weather etc.

Would love to hear from anyone with any information.

Also hope everyone is safe in Koh Samui.

Thank you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baan Bophut and the Floods

We are also travelling to Bophut on 09 April with 3 young children, have seen so many conflicting views, my priority is to keep my children safe and I am worried about sanatation. Also would like to know if the forecast is going to be better for that time as do not want to put my family at risk. I would love to hear from anyone who is in bophut at the moment. My sympathy is with those who have suffered, I know this is another terrible blow for the people of Koh Samui.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baan Bophut and the Floods

I am due to stay at the Bophut Resort and Spa in approx 2 weeks. They have also confirmed to me via email today that the resort has not suffered any flood damage. If this was from a travel agent I would have taken with a pinch of salt but as this is coming directly from the resort than I would have to trust and believe them however naïve this may be. If it turns out to be false then I will certainly be making the truth known via my review.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baan Bophut and the Floods

Don't panic. I stayed at Bophut Resort and Spa on Wednesday night and it is absolutely fine. The beach might be a bit battered but that part of the beach is nice hotel after nice hotel so if anywhere is all cleared up it will be there. No serious damage at all. The established hotels have seen it all before and are well built - most will be fine.

uk
Level Contributor
12 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baan Bophut and the Floods

Thanks, are you a worker at bophut as I notice all your postings are on Koh Samui for the past year ?

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baan Bophut and the Floods

I am a worker in Bophut- it is fine now.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baan Bophut and the Floods

No - I'm a retired UK citizen. I live here around 6 months each year. No vested interest if that is what you are getting at. I picked Bophut Resort to stay in because it was the nearest 5 star hotel to my home (which had no electricity) that had its own generator. Will post a review soon.

uk
Level Contributor
12 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Baan Bophut and the Floods

Thank you, you have been very helpful

melbourne
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Baan Bophut and the Floods

Hi

thank you to all those that have posted replies, glad all is well is bophut.

I am sorry for all those that have lost their homes and affected by the flooding.

Is the weather improving over there or is there rain still forecasted for the coming weeks.

Thanks again

Julie

Get answers to your questions about Bophut