We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel in Bophut to stay

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Best hotel in Bophut to stay

Hi, myself and my boyfriend are visiting Koh Samui in April and for the 2nd half of the trip we are staying at the Sala and the first half of the trip we are looking for a slightly less expensive option but ideally 5 star. We are currently revising:

- Bophut resort and spa but the reviews don't look that great

- The Melati - which is new but not walking distance to Bohput

- Anatara was an original consideration but due to bad reviews I am less favourable to this and seems less plush

The benefits of Bophut and Anatara are closeness to the restaurants but Melati seems to have the edge in terms of 5 star quality and large rooms.

Would love an experts view

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel in Bophut to stay

Melati is nearer Choeng Mon (where Sala Samui is) than Bophut and really is quite isolated. It also wouldn't offer much of a contrast with Sala Samui. If it were me I would have a week in Bophut first and stay either in Zazen (bit of a walk along the beach to Fisherman's Village but lovely) or perhaps go much cheaper and stay in one of the quirkier small resorts actually in Fisherman's Village. Of the three you mention Bophut Resort would be my pick.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel in Bophut to stay

Yes, agree, for example you can stay in B1 villa right in a village, it's much cheaper but really nice and better located.

London
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel in Bophut to stay

I am totally agreed with above posters. Waterfront resort in fisherman's village would be OK too!

Bombay
Level Contributor
157 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel in Bophut to stay

i'm just back from a very happy stay at the Hansar in Bophut. it is ideally located, just at the edge of the fisherman's village, quiet, with well appointed rooms and great staff... classy and traditional. would recommend it definitely..cheers!

Sydney
Level Contributor
111 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel in Bophut to stay

I got stuck in Tripadvisor choosing my hotel as well, but really you've made the best decision by staying in Bophut. I'm at the hansar at the moment and I am absolutely loving it! the closer to fishermans Village the better - it's just a lovely area of shops and beachfront restaurants, you can't beat it. The hansar is a lovely 100m stroll away. I'd recommend the Hansar in a heartbeat (and don't be afraid to negotiate a price - I did by showing them agoda/wotif rates, they met them happily. loving it!

6. Re: Best hotel in Bophut to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 04, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Bophut