We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In room childcare

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
In room childcare

Can you trust them? Has anyone had any experience good, bad, or otherwise? I have 2 children, ages 6 and 2.....

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In room childcare

Trust who exactly? And in which hotel? I trust my Thai babysitter, my friends trust their babysitters, but we have no clue who is employed as babysitters in hotels, so the answer is - don't know...Normally Thais love kids and very good with them, but also Thais love to take things easy, and sometimes may fall asleep...You have to meet the person and talk to her before you trust her your kids. Otherwise there are few places on the island like day care clubs, nurseries where you can pay daily , plus private babysitters used by locals.

But always remember to lock all your valuables in a safe when you leave a stranger in your room, as you never know what may happen to them...

Edited: 12:16 am, October 22, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: In room childcare

Thankyou for your reply. We are staying at Bandara Resort and spa and we have never been to Thailand before so we are a little anxious about trusting the locals or anyone there for that matter with our precious little ones. But on the other hand we'd love to have some time to ourselves to relax or enjoy a romantic dinner! Which as most mums and dads would know is hard to come by and valued so greatly! So we appreciate any feedback regarding the locals in general or Bandara in particular.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
285 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In room childcare

we are at the Bandara now but our kids are grown up. judging by the staff in general I think you will be fine. I think it depends on the kids as well, do they settle with other people ok? If so I would go for it and enjoy the break

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: In room childcare

Hi ruthxxx thanks for your comments i'm feeling a little more reassured and i'm sure i'll feel a whole lot better once we arrive and meet the staff for ourselves. Enjoy your holiday and please let me know if you find out anything else relevent to this topic.

Thanks again :)

5. Re: In room childcare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 23, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Bophut