We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

poppies resort

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
poppies resort

So what is your opinion. for a 160 pound per night per room.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: poppies resort

Have you checked out the reviews here on TA? tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293918-d315660… they are often a good place to start. The reviews are very positive and I think that something people love about it is that it is small and so the service is very personal. I haven't stayed there but have a few resorts away so I have looked on enviously LOL and if my budget stretched to it, I would be there in a heartbeat.

It is on a really beautiful part of southern Chaweng which is far enough from the really crazy part to be nice and quiet but close enough to get to the action by foot or songtaew.

Hopefully you'll get some people who have stayed there to give their opinions, Good luck with your decision :-)

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,952 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: poppies resort

Really don't understand the post. Poppies has been there, offered the same (very good) accoms and services for 20 plus years. The price? well, you decide if that is good value or not. I'd say slightly overpriced, but if 160 pounds isn't a problem then I'd say pay it.

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: poppies resort

i think the post is quite obvious , for a stay in october is it worth it, if not why not and if yes , why and what else can you suggest .

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,389 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: poppies resort

HI

for us (couple in our very early 50's) it is totally worth it! It is what it is, small but perfectly formed!

It might be over priced for some, but there are not many places you get that level of totally personal service for that amount of money.

The rooms are nice not ultra modern like some of the modern hotels but comfy and welcoming with a thai meets western twist, the staff are fabulous (all of them always have a smile), the location on south Chewang (not Bophut) is good not to busy but a nice walk or short songtheaw ride to central Chewang or anywhere else in Samui, plus many personal and unique touches you just don't find in many places.

Have you contacted the hotel directly, they do have 'deals' on for various times of the year! As I think you may find something in the bag from them if you ask!

Have a wonderful time whatever you decide!!

5. Re: poppies resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, February 26, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Bophut