We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

favourite in frosinone

dundas ontario...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
favourite in frosinone

if you live in frosinone or know it well pls give us your best thing to do and where to eat we will be nearby oct 27 to nov 5

thank you maxine

10 replies to this topic
Burlington, ON
Level Contributor
89 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: favourite in frosinone

I haven't been to Frosinone but from there I would recommend a visit to Cassino for both the Abbey and the WWII memorial. I would also recommend the book "Summers in Supino" written by Maria Coletta McLean. It is written by a Canadian women who spends time each year in the village her father was from. Supino is very close to Frosinone and she mentions several restaurants and places she visits in the area. It was a wonderful book.

Burlington, ON
Level Contributor
89 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: favourite in frosinone

I haven't been to Frosinone but from there I would recommend a visit to Cassino for both the Abbey and the WWII memorial. I would also recommend the book "Summers in Supino" written by Maria Coletta McLean. It is written by a Canadian women who spends time each year in the village her father was from. Supino is very close to Frosinone and she mentions several restaurants and places she visits in the area. It was a wonderful book.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,452 posts
892 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: favourite in frosinone

If you are even mildly interested in history and art, you can not overlook some towns a short drive from Frosinone: Anagni, Alatri and Ferentino; or the abbeys of Casamari and Trisulti.

For information on these and other sights, please consult

http://www.apt.frosinone.it/index-en.html

Brun066

dundas ontario...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: favourite in frosinone

thank you for your help and suggestions we will take advantage of them and let you after we do

thank maxine

Fumone, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: favourite in frosinone

try ............la taverna del Barone in Fumone its about 20 minutes from Frosinone, the phone number is 0775 49655 in a medieval village with fabulous panorama .........if you need any extra help feel free to contact me I speak english and Italian and am always willing to help. Last friday in the month (which might coincide with your visit) is a special night .......medieval night but any saturday night and sunday luch has the typical organetto and the waiters are in traditional costume .....

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: favourite in frosinone

Hello. Acadiamonaco, I hope you don't mind if I tag onto your question, but am also interested in Frosinone and see you have some very current and helpful replies.

My great grandmother came from Frosinone to America in 1903. I don't have much information about her, and am not trying to track down distant cousins. However, I'd like to spend a day or two there in early May 2014, walk the streets, eat the food, drink the wine...and imagine what it was like for my family when they were there. I do not drive on vacation (I really like the wine) so always travel by train, and am happy to walk up to 5-6 miles per day.

Is there a city center, pedestrian area where I'd want to spend my time? Is the train station close, and if not, are there readily available taxis or buses to get there? Are any of the hotels especially well located for exploring by foot...and potentially stumbling back to from an evening of fine dining and wine? For the great suggestions already mentioned here, are there good train, bus or taxi connections to visit them?

Thanks all.

dundas ontario...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: favourite in frosinone

Hi STEVEN

I can save any info that is relevant to here and give it to you after our trip if that will help you.

acadiamonaco

dundas ontario...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: favourite in frosinone

Thank you so much for your reply we will try this place for sure and if I need any help I will bring your number

with me.

thanks again

acadiamonaco

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: favourite in frosinone

That would be great. I'm leaning towards making this a day trip from Roma - take an early train to Frosinone and spend 6-12 hours on foot, depending on the atmosphere and what we find to busy ourselves, beyond eating and drinking. Thanks.

dundas ontario...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: favourite in frosinone

thank you for your help we will take advantage of this info. it is really helpful to us

thanks again

acadiamonaco

Reply to: favourite in frosinone
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Frosinone