We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the top 5 must see vineyards in Long Island?

Bristol, Connecticut
Level Contributor
8 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
What are the top 5 must see vineyards in Long Island?

I only have 1 full day to visit Long Island Vineyards ( I know, 1 day isn't hardly enough!). Which are the top 5 vineyards you reccomend for overall experience (wines, scenery, hospitality)? My wife and I are more red wine drinkers and enjoy tastings at cozy intimate vineyards. I would like to visit at least 4 vineyards in one day. We will be starting in the South and making our way to the LI Ferry by 7PM. Is there a top wine producing vineyard? Is there a top scenic vineyard? I'm interested in all thoughts and comments to help me choose the right vineyards for my time sensitive trip.

Thank you in advance!

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the top 5 must see vineyards in Long Island?

A few of our favorites are Lieb, Sherwood House, Shinn Estate (particularly cozy tasting room) and Bedell.

Lyme, New Hampshire
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the top 5 must see vineyards in Long Island?

Where are the best places to stay?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,032 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the top 5 must see vineyards in Long Island?

Jedediah Hawkins and North Fork Inn are both lovely.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the top 5 must see vineyards in Long Island?

We like staying in Greenport because we can walk to shops, restaurants, Shelter Island ferry, etc. We've stayed at the Bartlett House B&B and at the Greenporter (both very different accomodation types!).

5. Re: What are the top 5 must see vineyards in Long Island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, April 03, 2015