We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for Secret Rockwater Cove wedding

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Where to stay for Secret Rockwater Cove wedding

Hi. I am attending a wedding at the Secret Rockwater Cove resort in August. My husband and I as well as his parents are looking for a hotel or b&b in that area for a 4 day stay. If we share a house we need 2 bathrooms. His parents would be most interested in going for short walks around the town center. One place that looks okay is The Driftwood Inn in Sechelt. Any other recommendations? Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
1. Re: Where to stay for Secret Rockwater Cove wedding

Hi Lisa:

The Driftwood inn is not located near The Rockwater Resort in Secret Cove. The Driftwood is in Sechelt and the Rockwater is in Halfmoon Bay area. This is approximately a 25- 30 minute drive, maybe longer for someone not experienced with the curvy single lane highway. Why don’t you just stay at the Rockwater?

You can make day trips to Sechelt and Gibsons for walking tours the seaside towns. Great spots for lunch, and shopping and artists' wares, plus other venues to take in. What are our interests while you are here?

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay for Secret Rockwater Cove wedding

Thanks for your reply. We did look into staying right at the hotel but it's too costly for some of our group. We know the Driftwood is a distance away from the wedding but it seemed like a good location. Our interests are the beaches, walking and shopping, as well as exploring new towns. The others in the group like going to coffee shops and having short walks. We're trying to hit a happy medium for everyone.

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
3. Re: Where to stay for Secret Rockwater Cove wedding

Driftwood might suit you fine then. Located on the water, decent restaurant, across from the mall and walking distance to many shops, but is aged and not a private setting. Would suit your desire to walk around Sechelt though.

Me, I would self cater and head for the trees where at the end of the day I could sit on my deck and have the tranquility of the Sunshine Coast to myself. There are so many beautiful cabins to look at and now is the time to book. In a few weeks most will be gone for the upcoming season.

Close to Secret Cove look at these:

Tree house suites – 2 king size suites (each with ensuite) with common area to share. A friend had family there recently and they loved it but that’s all I can put forward for feedback. Rates look decent but I don’t see their summer rate. Might have to call them. http://secretcovetreehouse.com/

Great feedback here on the coast is Moon dance cabin – Peak season rate at 290.00 nightly works out to 75.00 PP. There is also the smaller cabin called the Perch. I think the bathroom is only one though.

www.moondance.travel/cabin/html/cabin.html

I can help with more but start with these. Let me know what you think. If you desire to stay in town I can suggest a few more options as well regarding self catering. We do not have many hotels here.

Reply to: Where to stay for Secret Rockwater Cove wedding
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted