We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breezes Jibacoa

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
420 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Breezes Jibacoa

Keeping in touch with staff you met ? How do you really get to know each other?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
2,857 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breezes Jibacoa

I talk to the staff obviously not when they are really busy. I ask them about their families and as you would at home build a relationship. My husband and I have gone to their homes and met their families and and have gone out to dinner or parks for lunch. We have been visiting breezes Jibacoa twice a year for over 6 years. November will be our 13th visit. We stay in touch through emails.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
420 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breezes Jibacoa

sounds reasonable to me. You establish the relationship while there. My curiosity is about exchanging a few hi's etc, on a first visist and then the next thing the person is asking to come visit you in Canada.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breezes Jibacoa

Hola

after all my visits to this hotel 11 since dec.2008....nobody from the hotel has ever asked for this even in a joke....

cheers.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
420 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breezes Jibacoa

It is one of those things that make me say hmmm. Nice enough person; we exchanged address info, phone # and email. but how likely are we to keep in touch? !

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breezes Jibacoa

Hola

We are in touch with our cuban friends more than, many friends here. Most days of they year with text, e-mail and phone calls...not a planned thing it just happened.

cheers.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
420 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breezes Jibacoa

I think what is thrown me off is that it was somewhat implied that if we exchanged info then the next step was they would be visiting us. I think I need to let it go. Chalk it up to experience.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
2,857 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breezes Jibacoa

I have never been asked but I have volunteered to host one of my friends and his family if they wanted to come for a visit. I know in the past it has been difficult to leave the country. Our friends from England started the process for a Cuban to go to England for a visit and gave up in frustration. This was several years ago and the process may be easier now.

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,319 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breezes Jibacoa

So who would be paying for this trip? Assuming they can even get permission (doubtful!). Cuba is not the sticking point. Canada likely won't let them in. I'd say, fine, come visit. Just don't expect me to do anything more than pick you up at the airport and host you for a few days. That will result in an attitude adjustment. ;-)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
2,857 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breezes Jibacoa

They would pay there fare here and I would be happy to host them while they are here.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breezes Jibacoa

Hola

Just a little off topic. When they get the passport or apply for one, they cannot work at any of the gaviota hotels for example….once they apply no job...at least that is what they are telling me. I do not know if this is just a way of keeping the workers for not applying.

cheers.

Edited: 6:34 pm, August 09, 2013