We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

massages

london
Level Contributor
335 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
massages

Hi guys

I know there isn't a spa at Breezes, but I wondered if there are any good places on the beach or locally to get a massage?

Hubby is threatening 1 day of golf and 1 day of diving so I need something to occupy my time on these days (apart from the obvious sitting on a beach sipping mojitos!)

thanks!

x

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: massages

The former massage therapist that worked at the Cameleon Villas Jibacoa, quit the resort a year or two ago. He has set up his practice just on the western edge of the beach besides CVJ. He seems to get rave reviews.

He basically has built a small hut on the edge of the beach. Its a bit primitive, but functional.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: massages

Hola

Breezes l have a massage on the beach, left of the beach restaurant. a small hut....my friends say it was great.

cheers.

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: massages

Juan Carlos is the fellows name. Like snakes said he has a little hut just off of CVJ's property. He charges $20 cuc for an hour. Just ask any local on the beach if Juan is not in his little hut. Good massage too.

london
Level Contributor
335 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: massages

brilliant - thats me sorted then - thanks for your help everyone

x

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
2,856 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: massages

I had a massage at Breezes and was not impressed. She uses a machine for part of the massage. Also while I was there people kept dropping by to chat or trying to book during my massage.

You book the massage at the front desk ...not at the hut

Edited: 1:32 pm, January 15, 2013
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
44 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: massages

If you want a great massage Juan Carlos is your guy. While his hut is basic I find that laying a few feet from the shore and basking in the soothing sound of the waves on the shore only adds to the massage experience. For my Peso a massage with Juan Carlos will be among the best 20 pesos you ever spend.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: massages

I agree with Traveller666; I paid $35CUC for an hour last year at BJ and it certainly wasn't worth the price. I'll be trying Juan Carlos the next time we go.

snowcountry
Level Contributor
188 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: massages

I concur. Juan Carlos is terrific. Wonderful massage on the beach and very relaxing. The price can't be beat. Sadly, I also had people coming up to his hut to make appointments while I was having mine...rather distracting and not cool. I'll speak up this time if happens again next month. As well, I will be bringing some massage oil and will leave it. Great guy and very very good .

Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: massages

Your right about the interruptions when getting a massage. That happened quite a few times when I was there in January. Was almost ready to say something but bit my tongue. Hopefully that doesn't happen in April when I'm there. Really takes away from the massage.

Sarnia, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: massages

Does he do a deep muscle massage or is he similar to every other Cuban massage :"therapist" I have found: Simply fluff and buff?