We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raro in July

Christchurch NZ
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Raro in July

Just about tp plan a 10 day holiday to Rarotonga in July this year.

Are July water temps suitable for swimming?

Thinking of booking into Dorothys at Muri,can anyone comment on this establishment?

Thankyou

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
120 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Raro in July

The water temp won't be overly warm but it's certainly better than swimming down at brighton in July. Hope you enjoy your holiday we've never been dissapointed with Raro such a relaxing place to go and forget all your worries. Have fun planning.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,091 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Raro in July

Kia Orana Tom, welcome to our forum.

It's been a while since I last had a swim during a Raro winter - from memory maybe 10 years or so. Once you take the plunge like all things you become accustomed to the conditions. I do see plenty of people swimming around Muri over July so it cant be that cold surely!

Dorothy's is located in a most convenient spot. Between the Pacific Resort and the sailing club where Sails is located, I would say you wont have far to wander to experience activity. Also Te Vara Nui village is close by should you wish to experience something of Cook islands culture and floor show. While the property is not absolute beach-front it's within very close proximity to a primary Muri position. Escaping the nip of a Christchurch winter maybe far more important for your needs!

Enjoy your stay.

Sydney, New South...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Raro in July

Hi there,

Thank you very much for this reply--coz' I am also thinking a family trip to Raro from Sydney (and my families are coming all the way up from China!).

Yet I am thinking of some budget accommodation around Muri beach, preferably some apartment fitting 9 people.

What do you think of Muri Grandview Lodge Rarotonga?

Zhi

NZ
Level Contributor
59 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Raro in July

Tom, we have been in Rarotonga 3 times in July, swam every day and didn't find the water temperatures cold at all - 24 -26 degrees.

Christchurch NZ
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Raro in July

Thankyou we are looking forward to lots of swims on our July holiday.

Kindest Regards

Tom

6. Re: Raro in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:45 am, June 11, 2013