We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kawaguchiko to Mishima by bus

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
627 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Kawaguchiko to Mishima by bus

Dear all,

Arrived today in Tokyo and found out the heavy snow fall has caused the cancellation of bus travel from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko. Am worry if the bus from Kawaguchiko to Mishima will also be cancelled as traveling by train will cost a lot more and take longer hours. Is there any other way that I can get to Mishima from Kawaguchiko beside train and taxi if the bus is not operational. Thanks all in advance for the help.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,948 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kawaguchiko to Mishima by bus

On Feb 15, Bus Kawaguchiko to Mishima is also cancelled. There is no other public transportation between Kawaguchiko and Mishima.

I don't know your final destination, but Bus Kawaguchiko - Kyoto/Osaka/Nagoya is also canceled on Feb 15, Many highways are closed.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
627 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kawaguchiko to Mishima by bus

Thanks for the info. My final destination is shuzenji. It is going to be a nightmare if the bus service is not operating. From Shuzenji, my next destination is Nanadaru Onsen. Both the above, I intend to use the bus which is the cheapest and most convenient.....

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
627 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kawaguchiko to Mishima by bus

If the snow will to stop from today, what are the chances that the highways will reopen?

4. Re: Kawaguchiko to Mishima by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 17, 2015