We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramnagar, Binsar, Pangot travel.

Greenville, South...
2 posts
Save Topic
Ramnagar, Binsar, Pangot travel.

Hello everyone.

I am visiting Jim Corbett in first week of June. I have following questions. I would really appreciate if someone can guide me.

1) What is the best option to travel to Binsar from Ramnagar? How long does it take by a taxi to Binsar? What about road conditions?

2) Can you see the Himalayan peaks from Pangot, near nainital or even from Nainital itself?

Our main goal is to see the peaks from a place closest to Corbett as we would like to avoid road travel during rains. Any suggestions from where we can get a great view without traveling too far from Corbett park?

Thank you!

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,688 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramnagar, Binsar, Pangot travel.

In June, it will be difficult to get clear weather to see the Himalayan peaks, as a matter of fact, After March the weather becomes hazy. However, Binsar is far off from Corbett/Ramnagar, which takes 7-8 hrs. It would not be worth to do so much of travel, where sighting of peak is uncertain.

Edited: 12:45 am, February 09, 2014
Greenville, South...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramnagar, Binsar, Pangot travel.

Thank you so much. This makes my decision a lot easier. :)

Dehradun, India
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramnagar, Binsar, Pangot travel.

Dear Bhumi

Uttarakhand receives rainfall from mid June onwards...

The Corbett park is closed for the rainy season from mid-June onwards....

The weather is okay till mid - june ....u will be able to see the Kumaon Himalayas from Nainital.

Please check out ...

uttarakhand-tourism.com/uttarakhand/nainital… for all your queries...

Regards,

Vikram

Dehradun, India
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ramnagar, Binsar, Pangot travel.

Dear Bhumi

Uttarakhand receives rainfall from mid June onwards...

The Corbett park is closed for the rainy season from mid-June onwards....

The weather is okay till mid - june ....u will be able to see the Kumaon Himalayas from Nainital.

Please check out ...

uttarakhand-tourism.com/uttarakhand/nainital… … for all your queries...

Regards,

Vikram

Edited: 8:45 am, February 10, 2014
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
8,634 posts
606 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ramnagar, Binsar, Pangot travel.

hi bhumi c

as you are planning in june first week which will be monsoon time for corbett and surrounding..it also may possible that due to good rain you wont be able to do safari too...i will suggest to plan in may mid...will be much better and you can see the himalayan peaks from pangot or binsar..

corbett to binsar is via bhatrojkhan - ranikhet-majkhali-almora-binsar ...road from ranikhet to almora via majkhali remains in good condition in rain too..bit patchy from bhatrojkhan to ranikhet...but doable..

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ramnagar, Binsar, Pangot travel.

AshisRoy,

I would be travelling from Binsar to Ramanagar in the month of May. The distance being 165kms via ranikhet. are you sure it takes 7-8 hours ?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,688 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ramnagar, Binsar, Pangot travel.

HondaMachine

As already mentioned in my previous post, the drive time will be 7-8 hrs.

Edited: 11:17 am, March 04, 2014
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ramnagar, Binsar, Pangot travel.

Do I understand that car will have an average speed of 20 kms/ hr in that stretch between Binsar to Ramanagar ?

Is there a faster route for me to reach Ramnagar from Binsar ?

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
8,634 posts
606 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ramnagar, Binsar, Pangot travel.

Hi

The shortest route is binsar-almora-majkhali-ranikhet-bhatrojkhan-ramnagar....comparing to the binsar-almora-bhowali-kathgodam-haldwani-kaladhungi-ramnagar, it can save some 24-25 kms...doable..no issue

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ramnagar, Binsar, Pangot travel.

Hi Lalbahadur,

I would prefer the route you mentioned but was skeptical about the time taken in that route, because I got to hear some astonishing figure of 7-8 hours when compared to my assumption of 4 hours.

Get answers to your questions about Binsar