We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which destination to opt? Kandaghat or Kanatal or Dharamshal

New Delhi
4 posts
Save Topic
Which destination to opt? Kandaghat or Kanatal or Dharamshal

Hi Ashis and Lalbahadur,

Considering your suggestions for Binsar i.e. current road conditions and climate, i am planning for other destinations, however need your expert thoughts on which destinations to choose amonst Kandaghat or Kanatal or Dharamshala. I will travelling on 15th August with my 2 kids (one of 1 year and other of 5 years) and will have booking in Club Mahindra hotels.

My thought is to opt for Kandaghat or Kanatal since they are around 300 kms from Delhi (where I stay), however need your help to know which is best destination and have good placed to visit around. There will be a 2 night and 3 day stay in those hotels.

Thanks in advance for your time and valuabe thoughts:-)

Vaibhav Deepani

Mentioned in this post
Binsar
Binsar
Almora District, India
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
8,872 posts
663 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which destination to opt? Kandaghat or Kanatal or Dharamshal

Hi vaibhav...

Kandaghat is on the way to shimla and kanatal is on the way to chamba from dehradoon..

Different destinations and both nice places with scenic beauty..

Kandaghat is more accessible than kanatal in monsoon time..but as per current atmosphere can also visit kanatal..choice is yours..

You can also do a day trip to chail from kandaghat..

And from kanatal you can do dhanaulti, surkanda devi temple..a half day trip to tihri dam..

As per monsoon concern will advice to go to kandaghat.

2. Re: Which destination to opt? Kandaghat or Kanatal or Dharamshal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 01, 2014