We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute attempt for Kumbh Mela

Which Allahabad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute attempt for Kumbh Mela

Hello to all! My wife and I are currently in India and would love to take in the Kumbh Mela on Feb 8 to 11 th. (or at least over the Feb 10th bathing date)- the problem is we don't have any accommodation booked. Any ideas, advice, or available space in a tent/cottage? Of course we are willing to share costs, we would just like to be apart of the spectacle.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute attempt for Kumbh Mela

I recommend you check with the smaller hotels and b & bs listed here as they may have last minute cancellations. Otherwise, accommodation is likely to have been booked weeks, if not months, in advance. I would suggest that you not turn up at the mela without some kind of confirmation of accommodation -- not on a day when millions will be in town with the same idea!

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute attempt for Kumbh Mela

The most of hotels are sold out for the date you mentioned, you would be able to get Tented accommodation in Allahabad which is also quite expensive in between Rs. 12000 to 18000.00 on full board basis.

The last week , I personally went there to see the accommodation facilities in Allahabad for our foreign group and I found Teertham Tent is Ok.

Hari Mangal

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute attempt for Kumbh Mela

I think you would not have a chance to get a hotel room. Imagine, 100 million people are expected to visit the Kumbh Mela during the whole festival time.

If you are not sure about accommodation in advance, you could try a day trip from nearby, Varanasi or other place. Of course only if you'll find a driver, trains will be booked. You'll have to go early and be prepared to walk many kilometers.

Take care

Peter

4. Re: Last minute attempt for Kumbh Mela

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 09, 2014