We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about the Kumbh Mela 2013 Tent Accommodation

Which Allahabad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
7 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Question about the Kumbh Mela 2013 Tent Accommodation

I am planning to stay at least 10 days in Feb and saw a lot of websites advertising the tent accommodations...I spoke to some locals and I have been told that none of the tent areas have been allocated by government yet. and some will be allocated in January. Is it safe to pay these camp guys now ? how do we know the tent accommodations will be present in Feb ?

Madison, Wisconsin
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Question about the Kumbh Mela 2013 Tent Accommodation

Loic, is the opening for accommodation still available during Kumbh mela. For how many people is this?

thanks,

Rani

laytonville, ca.
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Question about the Kumbh Mela 2013 Tent Accommodation

though almost over hope this info helps. We were there in third week feb. Our second Kumb. Stayed in Tsar camp. Do not stay there. Ten of us on this tour all in agreement that the tents were very dirty inside upon arrival. Uneven ground made everything put on tables rolled off. Porters rolled wheeled bags right thru the mud. Ours each weighed 13kilos! All three meals slight variations of the same each day. For US200 a night all three meals a day could not have cost more than US2.00 per person. And last the camp was, we believe, the farthest away at 1hr 15min each way. tent camps have, of course, proliferated at the kumbh mela's. Do much research on tent camps you have interest in as they can look quite nice in advertising photos but quite different upon arrival.

Nagpur, India
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Question about the Kumbh Mela 2013 Tent Accommodation

nightcrawler sorry to hear that your experience in kumbh mela was not good. I was there for 10 days for last two shahi snan that is 10th and 15th Feb. By the grace of God I got accommodation in sector 4 which was the main sector where all the akahars and sangam was only 500mtrs away from my accommodation.

In which sector ou where haveing your accommodation and with whom

24. Re: Question about the Kumbh Mela 2013 Tent Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, January 03, 2016