We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

want to come by flight

uttar pradesh
1 post
Save Topic
want to come by flight

im richard i want to come to velankanni this year during the christmas season. please help me with all the flight details from delhi , is kochi the closest airport

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
145 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: want to come by flight

Hi!

The closest airport is Trichy. However, if you do not get flights to Trichy, you can alternatively fly to Chennai. There are regular trains, taxi and bus service to Velankanni from there.

regards

Sundeep

2. Re: want to come by flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, December 16, 2010
Mumbai, India
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: want to come by flight

i am coming from mumbai to chennai and want to come by train to velankani so what is the train timings up and down please advice

nilesh

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: want to come by flight

Hi Nilesh

There is only one Train which brings you to Nagapattinam (Nearest Railway station to velankanni).

Train Name: Nagore Express

Train No: 16175

Dep Time : 11:15pm from Chennai Egmore Station

Arrival Time : 08:00am. to Nagapattinam

Train Name : Kamban Express

Dep Time: 08:20pm from nagapattinam

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: want to come by flight

Nilesh,you can let me know if you need any assistance on accommodation.

You can visit my hotel website at velankanni : www.clintonparkinn.com

Mumbai, India
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: want to come by flight

yes

Mumbai, India
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: want to come by flight

how far is trichy airport from velankani?

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: want to come by flight

Hi...

Velankanni would be around 160 kms. But as people before have suggested, it would be easier if you travel via Chennai, in view of better connectivity and options.

Regards

Prasanna

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: want to come by flight

Hi Nilesha29,

You may reach Velankanni either via Chennai or Trichy. There is a good number of trains from Trichy also. If this reduces your overall journey time, you may consider this option also. For detailed train timings, you may check any of the following websites, www.irctc.co.in, www.indiarailinfo.com etc.

Regards

Prasanna

10. Re: want to come by flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 29, 2012