We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choosing to go to the terraces this weekend

Which Longsheng County hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Choosing to go to the terraces this weekend

Hi would you choose to go this weekend ie tomorrow Friday 29 May until Monday 1st June or in July? and if i go is it easier to get from the Guilin airport directly to Tiantouzhai from an early morning plane , or no difference if i take a late plane, stay the night at Guilin then go from Guilin in the morning to the terraces? and have only 3 days before i have to be back at the airport either for 1730 hours plane or 2220 hours plane.

I have been to the Yuanyang terraces in Jan and did walk thorugh an area to a village but Longsheng really sounds like being in amongst the terraces and sounds great?! worth going or should i choose Zhangjiajie which is an evening plane tomorrow night and comes back late Monday night.

thanks for any opinions and advice!

tantouzhai
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Choosing to go to the terraces this weekend

on June is good time visit rice terraces,from airport no bus direct to tian tou village,you need to transfer 3time bus get to Dazhai,then from there hike to Tian tou village,because your time is very limited i suggest you the better take a taxi direct to Dazhai around 2.5hour

Well worth a visit,Now is the season for irrigation

London, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choosing to go to the terraces this weekend

Hi thanks so much Hannah, how is the weather and is there mosquitoes to bring extra things like repellant.

I read its meant to be rainy season from June around Guilin, how is the weather at the moment?

Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Choosing to go to the terraces this weekend

As May 31-June 2 is the Dragon Boat Festival, prepare fror the Chinese tourist crowds.It is hot here around 25-32℃ with some shower.Mosquito repellent is adivsed to bring along.

tantouzhai
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Choosing to go to the terraces this weekend

Hi there,June and July on the rice terraces not be rainy season ,Temperature is about 27-30Degree(noon time),if you are inside the house ,is very cool,17-20Degree(evening time),so cool ,You need the blanket in the evening

5. Re: Choosing to go to the terraces this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 18, 2015