We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guilin-Yangshou-Longsheng in July

Which Longsheng County hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunshine Coast...
9 posts
Save Topic
Guilin-Yangshou-Longsheng in July

We will be heading to the region for a few days in early July.

Day 1 - Fly into Guilin and get bus to Yangshuo.

Day 2 - Hire bike and explore along Yulong River to Dragon Bridge

Day 3 - Yangshuo to Yueliang Shan and the water cave

Day 3 - Yangdi - Xingping & boat ride

Day 4 - Here comes the question! Should we spend the next day in the Yangshou area or is it worth getting to Longsheng to see the rice terraces. I have heard that they are at their best at certain times of the year. is July one of them? We would have the afternoon there and then need to head back to Guilin the next day for our flight out.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,916 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guilin-Yangshou-Longsheng in July

Suer best time for Longsheng rice terraces is about 25th May to 10th Jun.

In Jul you will see this:

http://www.mafengwo.cn/i/637422.html

Re your itinerary, you could do day 2 and day 3 in one day.

2. Re: Guilin-Yangshou-Longsheng in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:08 am, May 25, 2012
Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guilin-Yangshou-Longsheng in July

I would definately try to visit the rice terraces!! If you do what orientalred suggests, then you could spend the night at the rice terraces which I would definately recommend. Try to stay in Dazhai or Tiantouzhai ( we stayed at the latter). Have a great time!

L T
St. Albert
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guilin-Yangshou-Longsheng in July

We did your itinerary in April in reverse. We hired a private driver (cheap) from Dazhai to Yangshou which took about 3 hours. This was a great alternative to going through Guilin. Don't miss Dazhai. It was our favorite destination. Stay at the Wisdom Inn overnight if possible. The day time tourists leave and you'll get a great sense of local life with the local villagers. The place is magical and not to be missed. Sandy at the Wisdom Inn is most helpful. The rice planting happens in June so July will be a great time to hike the terraces. We were there in April before the plantings but apparently they are beautiful any time of the year. Have fun. I'd love to go back.

Timmins, Canada
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guilin-Yangshou-Longsheng in July

Hi LT,

How did you hire driver in Yangshuo and what was the price? How did you get to the airport then?

Thanks,

P

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guilin-Yangshou-Longsheng in July

Sandy at the Wisdom Inn can provide you with driver, even if you are not staying there. We stayed in Tiantouzhai and had Sandy provide us with a driver from Dazhai to Yangshuo. I don't remember the price and my computer crashed and with it I lost all that information, but I do remember we found it quite reasonable for private transportation. You can always email them and ask.

7. Re: Guilin-Yangshou-Longsheng in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, April 15, 2013
Edited: 8:35 am, April 15, 2013
Level Contributor
20 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guilin-Yangshou-Longsheng in July

sandy has quoted me 600cny for transport from the wisdom inn to yangshou

( 400 cny from guilin to wisdom inn)

London, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Guilin-Yangshou-Longsheng in July

Hi regards the comment end of May to 10 June being best time im trying to decide whether to fly tomorrow morning to Gulin to go to Longsheng but i would only have 4 days ie i would have to be back for plane on Monday for 1730 or 2220 from Guilin - or should i go to Zhangjiajie?

I went to Yuanyang in Jan and had a great time though the drivers were a bit gungho in not stopping when the sun came out and made great reflections, and i didnt get so much of the sunrises and sunsets. so wouldnt mind havng another go at Longsheng

Nebraska
Level Contributor
84 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Guilin-Yangshou-Longsheng in July

However you fit it in, go see the terraces! We visited 5/11 on a day trip from Guilin. It was one of our favorite days of our 3 week China trip. So amazing.