We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jim Corbett National Park, Help choose Safari

Pune, Maharashtra...
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Jim Corbett National Park, Help choose Safari

I have a booking at The Tiger Grove resort in JCNP for Mar 12-14. Out of which 12th is ruled out because we arrive late at night.

With so many options to choose from & many conflicting suggestions from different people, I'm confused about what safari to choose.

We're a couple with 2 children (6yrs & <2yrs). leaving the resort at 5:30am for the morning safari may be bit of a problem, but would it be advisable to go for afternoon safari considering that in summer the animals might not wander out in the afternoon sun?

Also how strongly sunny would it be? As in would it adversely affect the kids?

We plan 2 safaris, one each on 13th & 14th. of which 13th definitely has to be afternoon, after a full day's travel from Pune on 12th. Is having both safaris in BIJRANI advisable or should i choose a different zone for the 2nd safari?

On 15th, we move to Nainital. Is it advisable to go for a (joyride) elephant safari in Sitawani Buffer zone on the way? (around 10am)

Since the kids are small, any animal sighting is good, not just tiger. We would consider the tiger a bonus, as long as we get to see many other animals.

Suggestions about Nainital are also welcome. 15th & 16th Mar

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
119 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jim Corbett National Park, Help choose Safari

two zones may be considered on subsequent days , Bijrani and Jhirna

Pune, Maharashtra...
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jim Corbett National Park, Help choose Safari

Thanks for the suggestion. I hope we see some game in the afternoon safaris, inspite of the summer.

Jim Corbett...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jim Corbett National Park, Help choose Safari

Bijrani is the best for safari. I myself saw a tigress once. Durgadevi and Jhirna are good for elephants. You should be able to see deers and other wildlife everywhere.

Afternoon safari is going to be bit too sunny for the kids. Carry scarfs, caps and sunglasses and plenty drinking water.

All the best for your trip and have fun! : )

Pune, Maharashtra...
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jim Corbett National Park, Help choose Safari

Thanks for t suggestions. I think we'll zero in on bijrani for one day. Any suggestions amongst t other 2 for t 2nd day? Kids will surely love to see elephants

Lucknow, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Jim Corbett National Park, Help choose Safari

I am planning to book FRH at Dhikala for a night and when I checked up at online booking of corbett site I am a bit confused. Does the booking at FRH includes safari also. if not what are the charges for the jeep safari and for the elephant ride. Also the booking amount at FRH Dhikala shows vehicle entry charges(?) and driver charges(?) Can any one please clarify!!! I shall be visting in May.

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jim Corbett National Park, Help choose Safari

unfortunately i am in the same predicament, i accidentally have booked for the day safari thinking that the accommodation doesn't include safari's and then booked a day safari for that evening, now according to http://corbettonline.uk.gov.in/CTRFAQs.aspx i shouldn't have booked the day safari as it is included in my night stay (never mentioned from their end) and thanks to them i am paying 1600 extra which will not include the cost the jeep or bus i hire.

Hope i caught you in time

This 1600 + is pinching me a lot now because it still is not covering my vehicle cost which i still need to go there and pay extra for + the guide cost.

Lucknow, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Jim Corbett National Park, Help choose Safari

Thanks for your input, however I have already booked FRH Dhikala after calling up CTR help desk and got clarity from them so I did not book for Day Safari.

India
Level Contributor
221 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jim Corbett National Park, Help choose Safari

We were there last week. Wd recommend both safaris for bijrani. Tigers are only visible sunrise or sunset so in the morning you could do joy ride. In nainital two must do activities are horse ride to Dorothy's seat and Eco caves

5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Jim Corbett National Park, Help choose Safari

Sir

If i time booking for night stay so i dont have to book for day safari????

Day safari is of how much hour ?????

How many times Safri held in one day????

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
7,819 posts
480 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jim Corbett National Park, Help choose Safari

hi faizy

there are 2 safaris held in jm corbett - morning and evening morning from 6 to 9 and evening from 2:30 to 5:30