We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling in June

Delhi
1 post
Save Topic
Traveling in June

WIth the pre monsoon arrival and reports of flood coming from various places in Uttarakhand how safe is it to travel to Jim Corbett? We have done the hotel booking from 27th Jun to 29th Jun'13. Thanks!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
8,203 posts
553 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling in June

hi windowsdelhi..

you are right, there is a heavy rainfall in uttarakhand..you can reach upto corbettNP, as road condition is good but if you will encounter with heavy rain then may be you need to cancel your safari, because NP wont allow safari in such condition.. better take daily updates of weather.

Delhi
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling in June

Please suggest if the Jim Corbett area is also affected by the floods. We have an Official trip planned on 4-5 July from Delhi-Kashipur-Corbett but really dont want to take any chances.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,203 posts
553 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling in June

hi..

no flood situation at kashipur..can plan.

Denmark, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling in June

Does anyone have information on safety for accommodation and safari in Corbett now? Also roads from Delhi to Corbett?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,203 posts
553 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling in June

hi ..

road from delhi to corbett is currently clear and in good condition via kashipur..when you are traveling to corbett, because corbett NP will get closed from 1st july upto 30th sep...and also there is a forecast of rain from tomorrow to 4 5 days..

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling in June

Dear MammaLou99,

The road conditions between Delhi and Corbett can best be broken down into 02 segments. The National Highway till Moradabad 180 kms is excellent with 03 lane highways and bypasses to the major towns on the way. However, the State Highway between Moradabad to Ramnagar (Corbett) 100 kms is a single lane highway with some stretches 25-30 kms being pretty bad due to the industrial area near Kashipur. Also, road construction is going on this particular segment, plus the rains will make it really bad.

I would seriously recommend postponing your trip till after the monsoons, as the major areas of the park will open in October and the road would also have been done by then. Any more updates, please ask. Me and my wife are regulars in this area and have been here almost 10 times in the last 3 years!!!

Happy Hunting!

Regards

SaurVika

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling in June

Dear MammaLou99,

The road conditions between Delhi and Corbett can best be broken down into 02 segments. The National Highway till Moradabad 180 kms is excellent with 03 lane highways and bypasses to the major towns on the way. However, the State Highway between Moradabad to Ramnagar (Corbett) 100 kms is a single lane highway with some stretches 25-30 kms being pretty bad due to the industrial area near Kashipur. Also, road construction is going on this particular segment, plus the rains will make it really bad.

I would seriously recommend postponing your trip till after the monsoons, as the major areas of the park will open in October and the road would also have been done by then. Any more updates, please ask. Me and my wife are regulars in this area and have been here almost 10 times in the last 3 years!!!

Happy Hunting!

Regards

SaurVika

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling in June

Dear Bhavna,

Corbett is on the foothills of the Shivaliks, and is not susceptible to floods. Except in the rare case when the Kosi river can cause tremendous damage, just like last year when quite a few hotels faced damage in crores.

Which hotel have you booked? There are quite a few on the Kosi riverside, around 100 of them... Don't think the rains are going to be as bad during the time your group is going to be there. Just keep a track of the weather before making a final decision.

Happy Hunting!

Regards

SaurVika

6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Traveling in June

I hve booking in jim corbett from 5th july to 10july. I hve heard therez a river in the way which cause trouble in traveling during heavy rains.n really dnt want to cancel my trip but realy tensed coz my 3 yr old kid wud also be vid us. Closed parks is not a big issue for us.reply fast please

6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Traveling in June

I hve buking from 5 th jul to 10 july.i hve heard there is a river in the way that can cause trouble in traveling during heavy rains.realy dnt want to postpone my trip. My 3 yr old wil be with us so quiet tensed after flood episodes.kindly suggest is it ok to go there