We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Hi!

Planning to go Koh Kood in Dec 12/Jan 13.

We would like to stay in a bungalow on the beach. We would like to have walking distance to restaurants and not be stucked and the hotel we have chosen.

Which beach is the best at Koh Kood and can you recommend a place to stay there?

Budget: max 80 usd/night

Thanks, Anna

Mentioned in this post
Koh Kood Beach Resort
Koh Kood Beach Resort
252 Reviews
Ko Kut, Thailand
Shantaa Koh Kood
Shantaa Koh Kood
#1 of 14 hotels in Ko Kut
Soneva Kiri
Soneva Kiri
#2 of 14 hotels in Ko Kut
Koh Kood Beach Resort
Koh Kood Beach Resort
#3 of 14 hotels in Ko Kut
Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

In this case Tinkerbell or Peter Pan might be your best choice. As an alternative there is also Dusita, but not many businesses near by.

In general, there isn't much around the resorts, at least not within walking distance.

The best beach in probably Bang Bao Bay with Koh Kood Resort and Siam Beach but no other restaurant within walking distance.

Mentioned in this post
Peter Pan Resort
Peter Pan Resort
129 Reviews
Ko Kut, Thailand
Koh Kood Resort
Koh Kood Resort
307 Reviews
Ko Kut, Thailand
Siam Beach Resort
Siam Beach Resort
181 Reviews
Ko Kut, Thailand
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

Is this Anna that we met on Koh Kradan 2 years ago ??. This is ron and mel

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

No this isn't Anna, this is Kai.

Thailand
Level Contributor
143 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

Tezza has probably the best info on this island I've seen!!

…blogspot.com.au/2012/03/ko-kood-kud-kut-upd…

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
4 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

HI,

My partner and I sttayed at Koh Kood in May of 2010. Had a lovely time. I have travelled the world and a lot of Thailand. Koh Kood is an unspoiled gem.

we stayed at the Koh Kood Resort for a few nights and then onto the Beach Natural for a few nights. They are noth on bang bao Bay which after touring the island is the most magical spot in Thailand. both were nice but I would have to say that the the Beach natural was maintained better and the staff were fantastic. The food was awsome to. Have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Koh Kood Beach Resort
Koh Kood Beach Resort
252 Reviews
Ko Kut, Thailand
Koh Kood Resort
Koh Kood Resort
307 Reviews
Ko Kut, Thailand
The Beach Natural Resort
The Beach Natural Resort
240 Reviews
Ko Kut, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
156 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay?

Away Resort. They have everything you need. Or you can stay across the bay at the Captain Hook/Tinker Bell, sorry i get confused often as to which is which, but they are close enough by to the Away Activity centre, restaurant and pub...so you can choose where to eat. That Klong Chao bay area is also home to Sunset Bar, couple of convenience stores and in general has a great central location.

Away Resort has recently upgraded although i have not seen it as yet, with new Duplex Bungalows, Resort Pool and more......i have been there twice and loved it......but there are others....just not sure they are as well located.

Mentioned in this post
Captain Hook Resort
Captain Hook Resort
94 Reviews
Ko Kut, Thailand
Ko Kut, Thailand
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay?

If you don't want to be stuck in your resort, rent a motorbike, lots of nice places to stay, eat or have a drink but all kind of spread out. I know many places surrounded with restaurants etc. within walking distance but they're not the beach. Also, I know many places on the beach but they don't have other places nearby to enjoy a dinner, so.....rent a motorbike and you'll enjoy Koh Kood a lot more!

Mentioned in this post
Koh Kood Beach Resort
Koh Kood Beach Resort
252 Reviews
Ko Kut, Thailand
8. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 08, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ko Kut