We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM or Money exchange on Koh Jum

Devon
Level Contributor
555 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
ATM or Money exchange on Koh Jum

Hi

Please could someone tell me if there is an ATM or money exchange facility on Koh Jum or if we need to take local currency with us, we will be there for 6 days.

Many thanks

Lin

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,712 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM or Money exchange on Koh Jum

There's no ATM on the island. Travel agencies in Koh Jum Village will exchange currency and travelers cheques at a penalty. So bring enough baht to tide you over. If you do run out of money, you can take the early morning longtail boat to Laem Kruat, and then the songthaew to Nuea Klong and use the ATMs on the main street there (along with stocking up on necessaries at one of the 7/11 stores).

Prices for eating are low on Koh Jum, so unless you're putting away a lot of cocktails at one of the beach bars, 1000 baht per day per person is more than adequate.

Devon
Level Contributor
555 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM or Money exchange on Koh Jum

Cool thank you so much for such as helpful reply, confirmed my thoughts and gave me an idea on how much to take, beers all around are more likely than cocktails, we are staying at Koh Jum Lodge but would like to eat other places as well. After a few days of Robinson Crusoe we may be glad of a little adventure to Laem Kruat!! A few bottles of wine packed in our suitcases may not go amiss as well.

We go in two weeks and cannot wait to see that sunshine, thanks again

Lin

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,712 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM or Money exchange on Koh Jum

It's fun to combine an ATM cash injection with a slurpee at one of the 7/11s and a visit to Nuea Khlong's picturesque market. I forget which days it's held - ask your hotel.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
229 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM or Money exchange on Koh Jum

I got short on Baht and had to exchange some USD at the travel agency, and they used 128 instead of the prevailing 130 costing me Baht 200 loss for every USD 100

5. Re: ATM or Money exchange on Koh Jum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, February 06, 2014