We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare from katra to patni top

Mumbai
2 posts
Save Topic
Taxi fare from katra to patni top

We are planning to go to patni top from katra and wanted to return on the same day. Anyone plz tell me about the taxi fare from katra to patni top and return.

182 replies to this topic
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fare from katra to patni top

Hi Prerna

Taxi fare will be around 300-400 Rs one way and you can talk to the taxi person to wait there and return with you all than he will charge around 1000 rs i suppose. (Waiting Charges Included)

Mumbai
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fare from katra to patni top

Thank u so much for the reply

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fare from katra to patni top

Anytime Prerna

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,057 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi fare from katra to patni top

A small correction : Katra to Patnitop (May-June) by Indica (bothway with s/s) Rs.2200. Tavera or similar Rs.2800.

Edited: 4:05 am, May 24, 2013
Kalyan, India
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi fare from katra to patni top

is the snow covered by land in patnitop month of may/june?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,057 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi fare from katra to patni top

kiran_choudhari

No, there will be no snow at Patnitop in May-June.

Edited: 11:10 pm, May 24, 2013
delhi
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi fare from katra to patni top

Hi ashish,

It it advised to stay at patnitop for night hault and visit the local sites, while you travelling from jammu to srinagar?

Or, its not worth spending that much time at patnitop?

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,057 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi fare from katra to patni top

smileneeti

You can visit Patnitop en-route Srinagar/Pahalgam from Jammu/Katra, may not stay overnight there.

Edited: 3:37 am, May 27, 2013
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi fare from katra to patni top

We Are Planning To Go To KATRA On Mid OCT.Then From KATRA We Will Go To PATNITOP Then To PAHALGAM Then To SONMARG And Finally To SRINAGAR. PLZ. , Tell Me About The TAXI OR SMALL CAR FARE For Only Travelling To One Spot To Another As I Plan To Do The Sight Seeing Via Local Taxis And Then Take a Separate Car To Leave For The Next Destination. Also PLZ. Tell Me If It Snows At PATNITOP Or SONMARG During Mid OCT...

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
3,807 posts
397 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi fare from katra to patni top

Hi,

It would be economical to book a taxi for your full trip,including local sight seeing,except in Pahalgam,where you have to book the local cabs only.Incase of the above,taxi rates are around Rs.1800.00 per day for indica & around Rs.2200.00 - 2500 for Qualis/Tavera/Innova.

Pahalgam local Sight seeing will cost you around Rs.1200.00.

Snow will not be found in Patnitop during October.

Reply to: Taxi fare from katra to patni top
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted