We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paragliding at Khajjiar

Noida, India
Level Contributor
109 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Paragliding at Khajjiar

How is Paragliding at Khajjiar. I was told that Khajjiar offers good paragliding @ around Rs 3000/person. But could not get much info regarding this on web.

I'm not looking for any professional paragliding like Billing/Bir.

4 replies to this topic
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
123 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paragliding at Khajjiar

Yes, Khajjiar has Paragliding. i haven't done it, so i do not know the rates, but i did see people doing it when i went. it looked like lots of fun!

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Paragliding at Khajjiar

I had the experience of paragliding in June 2012. The money I paid was Rs 1800 after lot of bargaining. It takes 20 minutes of car drive and further 40-50 minutes of very tough hill -trekking to reach the spot on a hill where we take - off. However the whole practice was banned by govt in July 2012 when a tourist from amritsar died while paragliding. When his glider was coming down for landing, it tilted due to strong winds and overturned and he fell into a stream in the deep forests and died on the spot.

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paragliding at Khajjiar

I had the experience of paragliding in June 2012. The money I paid was Rs 1800 after lot of bargaining. It takes 20 minutes of car drive and further 40-50 minutes of very tough hill -trekking to reach the spot on a hill where we take - off. However the whole practice was banned by govt in July 2012 when a tourist from amritsar died while paragliding. When his glider was coming down for landing, it tilted due to strong winds and overturned and he fell into a stream in the deep forests and died on the spot.

Awali, Bahrain
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paragliding at Khajjiar

My wife and kids did it in 1800 rupees per person but I advise not to do as no one take responsibility its all your own risk. Not all are professional there and I feel it is all illegal. All got hurt in Landing. We visited 2 weeks ago. It was fun and adventure but life is more important.

Reply to: Paragliding at Khajjiar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khajjiar
Recent Conversations