We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy a SIM card

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy a SIM card

Hi, I am traveling to Cairns in December, and is there any shops that sell SIM cards in Cairns international airport?

I wil be using Jetstar, and as soon as I land I will go to Hamilton Island. so anywhere in/near the arrival gate or the domestic departure hall is okay.

thank you in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy a SIM card

There are no Telstra (our major telecommunication company) retail shop at Cairns Airport. Closest is the shopping mall called Cairns Central. But that is in the central business area of Cairns itself! We also Optus and Vodafone, but again all within Cairns city. Maybe best to check out retail facilities on Hamilton Island, as it is a bit of self-sufficient island, so maybe with some luck you can get SIM there.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy a SIM card

Hi,

you can pop into Relay,or if going to Hamilton island by flight,in domestic- go to Newslink.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy a SIM card

thank you very much!

4. Re: Where to buy a SIM card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:38 am, October 03, 2014