We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train travel

Which Cabanas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bridgwater
Level Contributor
116 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
train travel

I have just come across some info about the train that runs along the Algarve. I know it is a pretty low key service as I have used it in the past, but this website seems to infer that the line is closing down altogether. Can anyone throw any light on this as we are hoping to travel from Cabanas to Faro and back on a day out in February. Thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,470 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: train travel

Chaos abounds. Strikes have been announced for the 11th, 12th and13th February but the court has decreed that minimumservice, must operate.

Details of the trains which will be running over those three days in the Algarve can be found in this official notice, which was sent out at 1544hrs TODAY!!

cp.pt/StaticFiles/…regional_11_12_13fev.pdf

Industrial relations must be at a new low. The end of the railway is nigh.

Trains to and from Lisbon are also affected.

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: train travel

Which is why B is travelling Rede Expressos Bus from Lagos to Porto next week!!! ;)))

A report in the Portuguese press a few days ago stated that CP had 7% less passenger traffic in 2012. It stated that a large part of that 7% was due to the ongoing strikes!

13. Re: train travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cabanas
Recent Conversations