We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt Bromo

australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mt Bromo

Can anyone tell me where is the best place to stay - Malang ? Probolinggo? or Cemara Iawang? we are planning an overnight trip from Surabaya

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Malang
Malang
East Java, Indonesia
Probolinggo
Probolinggo
East Java, Indonesia
Surabaya
Surabaya
East Java, Indonesia
Probolinggo...
Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt Bromo

i would recommend you to stay at around Cemoro Lawang. near to Bromo, and you can visit Madakaripura Waterfalls.

Probolinggo...
Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt Bromo

if you have Bromo from Malang, will be a quite long drive. could spend 8-10 hours on the jeep.

probolinggo is a city near to cemoro lawang, it is 45 minutes drive from probolinggo to bromo.

better take you rest at around cemoro lawang area.

Mentioned in this post
Malang
Malang
East Java, Indonesia
3. Re: Mt Bromo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, January 31, 2014
Katowice, Poland
Level Contributor
204 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt Bromo

Hello

I have noticed that some people go to Probolinggo and some to Malang, what is better ?

I will start my journey in Jakarta

I was informed that in order to do Bromo Sunrise it take 3 H drive ?

Mentioned in this post
Probolinggo
Probolinggo
East Java, Indonesia
Malang
Malang
East Java, Indonesia
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
bogor
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mt Bromo

hi any..

Where were you drive from surabaya or malang

Bromo Tengger...
Level Contributor
95 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mt Bromo

Hi All,

If you want to Visit Bromo and Waterfall "Madakaripura", Better Passing Probolinggo. Due to Mt Bromo is located in the region of Probolinggo. The nearest village with Mt Bromo is Ngadisari Cemoro Lawang.

The celebration ceremony was Held By Bromo Tengger Hindus "Yadnya Kasada" was On August 11 and 12

Malang City Also Good For Travel Destination

Greetings from Bromo

Dukun gunung **** ( Tenggerese )

Mentioned in this post
Mount Bromo
Mount Bromo
2,095 Reviews
Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park, Indonesia
Probolinggo
Probolinggo
East Java, Indonesia
Malang
Malang
East Java, Indonesia
7. Re: Mt Bromo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, October 27, 2015