We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Probolinggo to Cemoro Lawang

Which Probolinggo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
From Probolinggo to Cemoro Lawang

Hi, I would appreciate if someone could advise how do I get to Cemoro Lawang from Probolinggo by the cheapest alternative.

I will be arriving at the Surabaya train station from Jogja either in the afternoon at around 12 noon or early morning at around 6 am. Do you think I will be able to make it to Cemoro Lawang before nightfall if I were to arrive at 12 noon?

Thanks.

Yogyakarta...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Probolinggo to Cemoro Lawang

The easiest way would be taking the minibus or pick-up truck, or if you want to, you could just rent transportation whether it Car or motorcycle in Probolinggo.

for your information ( if you haven't know it ) this is the exact place to reach cemoro lawang from Probolinggo.

Probolinggo - Tonggas - Lumbang - Sukapura - Sapikerep - Wonokerto - Ngadisari - Cemoro Lawang.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: From Probolinggo to Cemoro Lawang

Hi,

If you get about a 9am train from Surabaya to Probolinggo you will arrive about 12 noon. Get a local bus to the main bus terminal and then a bus up to Cemoro Lawang. You will have to wait for the bus to fill up and then you will be on your way. Trip up takes 1 hr.

I did it with ease in July 2006 and arrived about 3pm.

Make sure you have a warm long sleeve top or jacket as it gets absolutely freezing up there.

Personally I would not be using an ojek ( back of motor bike ) all the way up the mountain - not comfortable at all and that is coming from some-one who travels a lot on the back of motor bikes in Indonesia.

( did the 90 km trip on back of motor bike from Bondowoso to Pos Paltruding in late July 2006 to see Kawah Ijen and back again.)

Pamela.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: From Probolinggo to Cemoro Lawang

Hi Again,

Here is the link to Train Schedule.

Train Station in Surabaya to get to Probolinggo is Surabaya Gubeng

http://www.kereta-api.co.id/

Here is the schedule for morning train.

Jadwal Dan Tarif Kereta Api

SURABAYA GUBENG (SGU) - PROBOLINGGO (PB)

Rabu, 25 April 2012

MUTIARA TIMUR PAGI

Leave 09:00 Arrive11:09

Eksekutif Rp. 50.000

Bisnis (Dewasa) Rp. 40.000

Bisnis (Anak) Rp. 32.000

Eksekutif (Promo) Rp. 50.000

Pamela

Malang, Indonesia
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: From Probolinggo to Cemoro Lawang

hi there .... your cheapest transport Probolinggo Train Station or Bus Station is by public transport, called by PS or Bison, but it would be stop operated until at around 3pm. with your 2 options (train Yogyakarta to Surabaya), let me know you details :

- arrive at 12pm (noon)

when you arrive Gubeng Train Station - Surabaya at 12pm (at noon), you don't have much time to take public transport from Probolinggo to Cemoro Lawang. why? coz, trip Gubeng Train Station to Probolinggo = 4 hours (if normal traffic) by bus. suggest : taking taxi from Gubeng Train Station to Surabaya Bus Station (called by Bungurasih), then by PATAS Bus to Probolinggo bus station. Probolinggo Bus Station to Cemoro Lawang is by Sharing Transport from travel agent in Probolinggo, cost = Rp 40-50K

- arrive at 6am (morning)

when you arrive Gubeng Train Station - Surabaya at 6am (morning), please book directly the MUTIARA TIMUR executive train which departs Gubeng Train Station at 9am and arrive Probolinggo Train Station at 11am. after stop Probolinggo Train Station, please taking ANGKOT (public transport, cost = Rp 4K) with direction to Probolinggo Bus Station. arrive Bus Station, then taking PS or Bison to Cemoro Lawang, cost = Rp 40K

Hope, it will help your program ............... wawan (Malang area)

5. Re: From Probolinggo to Cemoro Lawang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, February 02, 2014