We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Grandate/Como

Which Grandate hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
11 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Grandate/Como

Hi, I will be visiting Grandate staying at Ibis hotel for business. I will have some spare time and would like to explore the city centre of Como. How should I go to city centre of Como or any train station nearby? by taxi (how much will be the cost) or any other public transport? Thanks.

5 replies to this topic
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,951 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Grandate/Como

Use this bus asfautolinee.it/Portals/…20C62.pdf

There are also trains on the line between Milano Cadorna and Como Lago, typically every 30 minutes, from Grandate station. But that station is on the far side of Grandate from the Ibis, to which the nearest station is Portichetto-Luisago, which typically has an hourly service.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,099 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Grandate/Como

Definitely take the bus rather than the train. Your hotel is on the main highway South of Como ('Statale dei Giovi'), right where the bus runs. Note however that the last bus back leaves from Como at 19.45 on weekdays (19.50 on Sundays), after which you will probably have to take a taxi.

Hong Kong, China
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Grandate/Como

thanks for your advice. i will take the bus to como city center. but i am wondering where can i get the bus ticket?

Edited: 10:37 am, October 29, 2013
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,951 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Grandate/Como

Sales points in Grandate are BATTINELLI ROLANDO, VIA VOLTA 3, EDICOLA (bookshop/newspaper shop)

and BAR TROPICAL, STATALE DEI GIOVI N. 18

Or simply buy on the bus when boarding, possibly for a little extra money.

In Como itself there are masses of sales points, e.g. most tobacconists and book/newspaper stalls, or from the bus company at the bus station. You can buy tickets in advance, as they are undated and must be validated (time/date-stamped) when boarding.

Hong Kong, China
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Grandate/Como

Thanks for the info.

Reply to: Trip to Grandate/Como
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grandate