We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Svoronata - too quiet?

stafford
Level Contributor
49 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Svoronata - too quiet?

Myself (27 yrs old) and my family of 3 other adults(one 19 yr old) are looking to holiday in kefalonia in July (unfortunately we are restricted to school holidays). We originally planned to stay in Lassi as we have never been to kefalonia (although we have been to a number of Greek islands) and we thought this would be a good base to see the sights from. Unfortunately there seems to be less holidays available there this year than last, and they are all over £500 for a week which is more than we had hoped to pay (aiming for around £400).

As a result we are looking for alternative places to stay and we have come across The Olive grove apartments in Svoronata. Having read as much as I can find on the internet, the apartments sound lovely and so does Svoronata. My only concern is that it will be too quiet. We plan to relax a lot by the pool or the beach, but we also like to be able to go to nearby resorts and we were hoping we could easily get into Lassi and Argostoli from Svoronata, perhaps on several occasions during our stay. Looking at other resorts like Sami and Skala - they all seem very far out of the way for getting about.

My main concern with staying in Svoronata is not being able to get around. Is it correct that there is only one bus a day to lassi and Arogstoli? Also, would it be cheap enough to get a taxi to or from these places? Although I have holidayed in many Greek islands, I have never caught a taxi and I'm concerned we would be ripped off.

Any advice would be welcomed as this is proving more difficult than we first thought!

Kent
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Svoronata - too quiet?

My husband and I hired a quad bike when we went to Skiathos to get around, I just wondered if this is something we could do in Svoronata? I was thinking of booking the Astra Village Hotel. It seems to be well recomended apart from the food. If anyone has any tips that would be great.

12. Re: Svoronata - too quiet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, July 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Svoronata
Recent Conversations