We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Gegenbach from London?

Which Gengenbach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
12 posts
Save Topic
Best way to get to Gegenbach from London?

Hi there,

I am thinking of staying in Gegenbach for a week but would like to know what is the best way to get to Gegenbach from London?

I thought plane to Strasbourg and then train would be best but is it easier to go to Baden airport then train - Or perhaps a better way?

(I won't be driving or hiring a car)

Many thanks,

Bungle2000

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,707 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to Gegenbach from London?

There used to be flights from London to Baden-Baden by Ryanair; if not, fly to Basel or Frankfurt (not Hahn!!!) And take a train from there. FRA has an own mainline train station.

From whichever airport, use www.bahn.de for train connections to Gengenbach.

london
Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to Gegenbach from London?

Hello!

How long does it take to get to Gengenbach from Baden airport by train, roughly? Thanks :)

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,707 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to Gegenbach from London?

Please do use the link I provided. Use Baden Airpark as the starting point.

Freiburg im...
Level Contributor
2,542 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get to Gegenbach from London?

Going by train from Strasbourg airport would be the easiest and as well fastest way. Travel time is abbout 1h.

Edited: 5:32 pm, January 31, 2013
london
Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get to Gegenbach from London?

Thanks for your help.I did try and use the link but found it a bit confusing. Will re-visit it..and also look at travel from Strasbourg as an alternative.

Cheers!

London, UK
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get to Gegenbach from London?

Hi altamiro and huwe, thanks for the advice.

altamiro, I found the website - www.bahn.de - very difficult to use, like redness82. As someone who has necer been to Germany and doesn't know the station/places, it's not particularly easy to know what places to select from the list of destinations and starting points when you start typing (there are several listed for Frankfurt and Gengenbach for example). Not your fault I know, but not the easiest thing to get to grips with as a newcomer.

Anyway, I think I figured it all out and have booked a plane to Frankfurt and then will get the train.

I'm just wondering about reservations on the ICE, I will be travelling on a Tuesday around 11am, do you think it is advisable to get a seat reservation? As they're 4 Euro's each I don't want to pay the extra expense if I don't have to. (there are 2 of us going)

Many thanks.

7. Re: Best way to get to Gegenbach from London?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, July 22, 2015