We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nidri Apartments

Altrincham, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Nidri Apartments

Hi All,

We're thinking of going to Nidri next August with our 9 yr old son and have a few questions. We normally like to have a mixture of sight seeing and beach/pool days, and prefer to go self-catering. As an example, we love Majorca, Puerto de Polenca and often stay in apartments bordering the pine walk.

Nidri sounds like it's got a nicely shelving beach, with gentle, warm waters. Is this correct? What's the transfer time to the airport? Should we look to hire a car, rather then relying on public transport. What

Can anyone recommend some apartments that:

a) have a pool

b) are located near to the town centre

c) rooms are of a sensible size and have reasonable kitchen facilities

d) tv, dvd and wi-fi would be nice to have

e) air conditioning - payable locally is fine.

What's the general feeling about Nidri? What sort of excursions/trips are available from Nidri, ie local buses or ferries to sites/island/mainland?

I've had a look at http://www.lefkas.net/

Thanks in advancde.

Mentioned in this post
Nidri
Nidri
Lefkada, Greece
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nidri Apartments

Hi not sure about nidri (9year old???) not seen that many children in nidri over the years .

Beach nice and shelving calm warm sea but a pebbely shingley beach

45mins transfer

If you want to get around i would have a car as public transport not that often

S/c not really that good in nidri best i can think of is palmyra hotel 3 mins from beach and 5 mins to bars tavenas nice pool and small bar never seen it full the pool or area around as most go to the beach the kitchen facilities not that good in all nidri very basic cooking areas mostly fridge, 2 oven rings, kettle .

I have once been to puerto de polenca a few years ago can not really compare the two i would much rather have nidri more busy good tavernas and the views from the beach are the best

Nidri is a great place we love it but childrens hol mmmmmm not sure about that

Mentioned in this post
Nidri
Nidri
Lefkada, Greece
2. Re: Nidri Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Nidri
Recent Conversations