We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Card and ATM?

Lindfield, West...
Level Contributor
23 posts
12 reviews
9 helpful votes
Card and ATM?

Hi. Do most of the bars and restaurants in NIdri accept cards and is there a reliable ATM in the town? I usually load up a pre-paid currency card so I can pay for meals and drinks and withdraw cash as well. Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
15,907 posts
29 reviews
45 helpful votes
1. Re: Card and ATM?

There is an Alpha Bank in Nidri with an Atm. Greek Bank Atm now charge between 2 /3 euros per transaction. The Alpha Bank Atm's charge 2.5 euros per withdrawal on top of your cardholder charges so don't do small amounts. Also do not accept any exchange rate and ask for euro. I can't answer your other question but I am sure lots will accept cards.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
13,935 posts
79 reviews
159 helpful votes
2. Re: Card and ATM?

By law they are all supposed to accept cards, but you may find reluctance & excuses at some places, also best to use cash for small purchases, such as a coffee or small snack.

If anywhere uses the excuse ‘the machine is broken’ just say you only have a card, no cash, it’s miraculous how quickly it’s fixed! On some rare occasions it is actually not working because lines are down, but that is very rare :)

Nth Wales
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
235 reviews
164 helpful votes
3. Re: Card and ATM?

Absolutely agree Yiassas !

Reply to: Card and ATM?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nidri
Recent Conversations