We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coach parties for coastal walk from craster to dunstanburgh

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
coach parties for coastal walk from craster to dunstanburgh

I hope to visit Craster towards the end of june with a party of visiting Australians. Are there facilities for parking a coach in the car park in the run up to the village, and if so, what would it cost to do so?

4 replies to this topic
north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coach parties for coastal walk from craster to dunstanburgh

There is a fairly large car park as you enter Craster, I believe it is managed by National Trust, it's been a few years since we were up that way so I'm afraid I don't know current prices - you could email Dunstanburgh Castle for info

Lou73

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coach parties for coastal walk from craster to dunstanburgh

We've used the carpark a couple of times before setting off on the circular walk taking in the castle.It has never been very busy and I don't believe there is a charge.We,certainly have never paid.

Southport UK
Level Contributor
933 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: coach parties for coastal walk from craster to dunstanburgh

I'd contact Craster Tourist Information Office who will be able to advise you about coach parking.

visitnorthumberland.com/.../craster-tourist-…

Gibel

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
102 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: coach parties for coastal walk from craster to dunstanburgh

There is a large car park in Craster behind the tourist information centre that can accommodate coaches, i'm not sure if you have to pre-book this or not though, so best to contact the tourist board as previously mentioned. The car park WILL be busy in June, especially at weekends, i struggled to get parked last weekend and i went really quite early.

It's such a beautiful walk, to dunstanburgh, one of my favourites. Some photos and tips can be found here yournorthumberland.co.uk/castles-historic-si…

Reply to: coach parties for coastal walk from craster to dunstanburgh
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Craster