We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nusa Lembongan Honeymoon

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nusa Lembongan Honeymoon

Hi,

I am currently planning a trip to Bali and would like some advice on Nusa Lembongan. We are first planning 5/6 nights in Ubud where we will be mostly absorbing the culture, sightseeing/daytrips and activities.

Following this we would like to relax in luxury next to an idylic beach and from my research it appear Nusa Lembongan may be the best place for this? If so, would it be worth spending a full 7 nights in this location or would anyone recommend 4 nights here and then 3 nights in the Gili islands? I'm struggling to make up my mind whether Gili is worth the adding travel time and treacherous boat trip and whether we would love Nusa Lembongan enough to not want to leave after 4 nights?

I would also appreciate recommendations for the ideal honeymoon hotel in Lembongan (and the Gilis for that matter), I'm currently looking at the Batu Karang Resort? Ideally we would like a romantic small resort with amazing views and close to the beach.

For the final 2/3 nights we are currently planning to head back to Bali, probably around the Balangan area.

Thanks.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nusa Lembongan Honeymoon

Hi, I really like Lembongan, and I think it's a fantastic place for a laid back holiday, but there are a couple of things about the beaches that it's worth being aware of: I guess you would call them working beaches - there are local long tail fishing boats along with speed boat ferries, local ferries and tourist tenders landing on the beaches. The main beach at Jungutbatu has seaweed farms along most of it. having said that you can still swim at Mushroom beach, and down at Coconut beach (just round from Jungutbatu and near Playgrounds surf break). but if you dont have to spend the day on a lounger at a beach and if you want to take in a bit of snorkeling and surfing and chilling out it's a fab place to be. Lots off accom options - high end Batu Karang, Indiana Kenanga, Lembongan Beach Resort (though a little worn around edges and make sure to get a free standing villa/room). mid range - Tigerlillies, Lembongan Cliff Villas. Cheers.

sydney
Level Contributor
970 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nusa Lembongan Honeymoon

Batu Karang is fantastic - high end of the market go for a ville - beautiful bathroom/ view and pool.

I have also stayed at the Waka resort - its your own style hut.. lower end of the market - I loved this also. very different.

The island its self is lovely and low key.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Denpasar, Indonesia
Level Contributor
42 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nusa Lembongan Honeymoon

Hi

U must go to lembongan, i've been go there last month and it was awesome.. White sand and pretty nice and very quite beach, the junggutbatu is very quite too and feel so relax there, last time i stayed at tarci bungalow, the bungalow is awesome,quite and in front of the beach. I fully recommended to visit lembongan

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nusa Lembongan Honeymoon

Check out The Point, it is a small 4 villa complex, cliff front,ocean views, beautiful place to stay,very romantic, it's a short 8 min walk to Mushroom bay which has a few cafes & spas & a nice beach.

We have stayed 6 nights & loved the peace & quiet, we did not get bored at all however keep in mind it is very quiet, so most of our time was swimming & reading, we did snorkel & go for spa treatments..lots of R & R.

I would recommend if you want to go to both Lembongan & Gili then stay 3 nights Lembongan & 4 nights Gili

We love both islands, Lembongan is laid back quiet, a chance of having the pool to yourselves & you could find privacy along the beaches, Depending on which Gili island you choose.

I would go to one or the other for the full stay, I have been to both & love both places...on Gili T we stayed at Villa Almarec, check out accom up that end of the island is the best IMO.

Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nusa Lembongan Honeymoon

Hi,

If your looking for a secluded place on lembongan, look no further than The Point.

We stayed here for 7nights last year, and only paid for six, booking directly with them.

They only have four units there, so only eight people there if its full!

It's a place where you can just chill and watch the boats and dolphins go by, the food is excellent and the staff are very attentive.

Komang the manager can arrange anything you want to do on the island, and he is very helpful

If I were on honeymoon and arrived at this place, I would be very happy.

6. Re: Nusa Lembongan Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Nusa Lembongan