We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around Nusa Lembongan with kids

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Getting around Nusa Lembongan with kids

Hi we are going to Nusa L in the next two weeks...how do we get around the island with our 5 yr old and 1 yr old if there are no cars and just bikes? Does anyone know if there are any other options? Many thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around Nusa Lembongan with kids

My apologies that nobody replied earlier...

Beyond bikes there are literally 2 vehicles that could assist. The "Scoot" (fast cruise boat operator) has a transport vehicle to pick up people from resorts - you could hitch a ride or reach agreement to get from A to B if required.

Putting it in perspective, from the Jungut Batu/Lembongan tourist resorts to Mushroom is only a 10-15min walk, so presuming you have a sling or bjorn for the 1yo and the 5yo can cope on foot, you'll be fine. To the mangroves would be a slightly longer walk, perhaps 20 minutes.

You might miss out on getting across to Nusa Ceningan, as even with a vehicle the bridge across from Lembongan is only suitable for foot/bike.

I hope you enjoy(ed) your break. If you've been and done it, i'm sure other visitors would love to hear how you faired.

Monty H

sydney
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around Nusa Lembongan with kids

hi when you say beyond bikes are we talking motor bikes or push bikes? We are looking at going there in May

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around Nusa Lembongan with kids

It is possible no-one replied earlier because TA have mistakenly put Nusa Lembongan under West Nusa Tenggara forums, and Nusa Lembongan is not in West Nusa Tengarra (which covers Lombok, the islands off Lombok, and islands east of Lombok like Flores). The readers of this forum may not be able to answer Nusa lembongan questions in detail as we are less familiar with Nusa Lembongan, it being an island off Bali.

Not sure how to correct this problem with Trip Advisor.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting around Nusa Lembongan with kids

Thanks for your reply Montza. We are home now and had an amazing time. No problems getting around. We hired a bike explored with our five year old with us on the bike (like the locals do). The locals told us to take 1 year old on the bike too but we were not that comfortable with that so had a babysitter for her .

Found a resturant that was at Sandy Bay (too far to walk) but they had a truck and would pick us up and drop off when we phoned. Sunset Beach Club I think it was called... Excellent.!

KimDS - motor bikes (mopeds) It is safe as there is no traffic and not many other vehicles on the island.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting around Nusa Lembongan with kids

sorry just to add that the restuarant at Sandy Bay is called - The beach Club.

Food was awesome. Sunset was amazing. I would definately recommend. They also have a pool to laze the arvo evening away. Enjoy.

sydney
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting around Nusa Lembongan with kids

thank you for advising - think i will have tohave a few days there. where did u stay

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting around Nusa Lembongan with kids

Hi Kim we stayed at Nusa Lembongan Resort. I wouldnt recommend staying there unless you get a super good deal . It is very overpriced. Saying that though it is a spectacular spot. On the headland in Mushroom Bay (great spot to stay too...lovely beach).

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting around Nusa Lembongan with kids

Hi Kylie. We are looking to travel to Nusa Lembongan with our baby girl in June (she will be 6mth), and I was planning to book at Nusa Lembongan Resort. I am aware of your posts about the resort, but it still appears the best for baby needs, facilities/standard and location (even if run down). Is there any other places you would recommend instead, considering transport (as there are some great looking ones, but all up the hill or further south on cliff-edge). Also, would you recommend NL with a baby? I love the sound of it, but just a little wary of taking a baby??... Many thanks!

Perth WA
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting around Nusa Lembongan with kids

Hi

Cam=n you please fill me in on where you state and whether you enjoyed Nusa Lemobongan with kids? We usually stay in Bali and have never ventured over there. We have absolutely no idea where to stay!

Cheers, Miranda

10. Re: Getting around Nusa Lembongan with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, July 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Nusa Lembongan