We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Sanur to Lembongan

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
95 reviews
Travel from Sanur to Lembongan

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are travelling to Sanur, Bali for a two week holiday at the beginning of May 2010. Having seen the photo's and reviews of the island of Lembongan does anybody know if it's possible to travel from Sanur to Lembongan by boat or plane and what the travelling time is? We were thinking of maybe spending a couple of days on the island. Is this feasible?

Central Coast...
2 posts
1 review
1. Re: Travel from Sanur to Lembongan

Hi

Yes you can travel from Sanur to Lembongan. We go by scoot boat as it only takes half an hour. It cost a little more than the public ferry, I caught it once and I think it was an hour and a half. I get sea sick, so the scoot fast boat is better fo me. They also have more departures each day. They also pick you up from your hotel as part of the cost of your ticket. When you leave Lembongan you get dropped off at your hotel aswell.

My boyfriend and I spent a week in July at the vill dalmai in '08, it has no air con, we thought it was ok for this time of the year. May is a little more humid and you may want air con.

I have also stayed at Playgrounds next door with out air con in April '08, I had one night that it was too hot to sleep out of 4 nights. Both these places have amazing views.

The rooms down stairs in Playgrounds have air con, next to the pool, though not as good a view and no balcony like the upstais rooms.

We hire mopeds on Lembongan for the day and pay 50,000 rph. Very relaxing island, though we surf most days.

Happy holidaying Lee-Anne

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
430 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: Travel from Sanur to Lembongan

These are all your options for traveling from Sanur Beach to Nusa Lembongan. Make your choice.

Perama, a local transfers-only operator for the budget traveler, without same day return, Rp 100,000 one way. Boat departure daily at 10:30AM. The ride across is approximately 90 minutes. The office of Perama Sanur can be found at Warung Pojok in Jalan Hangtuah.

Public slow boat, depart daily from Sanur beach at 8AM in front of the Ananda Hotel or near the Grand Inna Bali Beach Hotel (depending on tide). They can be a bit sketchy at times and are usually very crowded. No same day return facility. The ride across is approximately 90 minutes. Price including transfers is Rp 100,000 per person one way. Pick up from hotels in Kuta, Seminyak, and Sanur.

Public fast boat. Thirty minutes by speed boat from Sanur to Nusa Lembongan. Departs Sanur daily at 12:30, 2:30PM and 4PM and departs Nusa Lembongan at 10:30AM, 1PM and 3PM. Price including hotel transfers Rp 200,000 per person each way,(free pick-up areas Kuta, Legian, Seminyak and Sanur minimum 2 persons) and excluding transfers Rp 175,000 per person each way.

Scoot Fast Boat operates fast boats from Sanur Beach which take you to Jungut Batu for US$27 one-way and US$45 return. Hotel transfers are included. The tickets can be bought from the Scoot office next to Dunkin' Donuts in Jalan Hangtuah, Sanur opposite the Sanur Paradise Plaza Hotel, or on the beach near the departure point. It takes 30-40 minutes from Sanur. Leaving Sanur 9:30AM, 1:30PM and 4PM. Leaving Nusa Lembongan 8:30AM, 11:30AM and 3PM.

Tamarind Jaya Express. Speed boat service to and from Mushroom Bay taking 30-45 minutes from Sanur Beach near Grand Bali Beach Hotel. Return fare US$ 45 per person and one way US$ 27 per person including hotel pick up. Scheduled departure from Sanur beach at 11:30 AM and 3:30PM and departure back to Sanur from from Mushroom Bay on Lembongan at 10AM and 2PM.

The Tanis Lembongan Express. Speed boat service to and from Mushroom Bay taking 25-35 minutes from Sanur Beach near Grand Bali Beach Hotel. Return fare US$ 45 per person and one way US$ 27 per person including hotel pick up. Departure from Sanur beach at 12 noon and 4PM and departure from Mushroom Bay on Lembongan at 10:30AM and 3PM.

There are other services running from Benoa Harbour (BlueWater Safaris, Bountie Cruise and Island Explorer Cruises).

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
95 reviews
3. Re: Travel from Sanur to Lembongan

Thank you for both of your replies - they are both really helpful!!

4. Re: Travel from Sanur to Lembongan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 09, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Nusa Lembongan