We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information wanted about Nusa Lembongan for family please

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Information wanted about Nusa Lembongan for family please

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could please provide me with any kind of information about Nusa Lembongan. We are a family with 2 kids, they will be 3 and 5 during our next possible holiday. We usually stay in Sanur at the start of our holiday, due to nice beach and relaxing pace. But Bali is fast becoming very crowded and I would like to see what Nusa Lembongan has to offer.

We would like to stay in a hotel on the beach, budget accommodation is fine, as long as it has a pool, gardens, breakfast incl and is a friendly hotel. Sanur is the expensive part of my holiday accommodation wise, but budget would be under $80 per night if we were to stay here and give Sanur a miss.

This year our kids were both sick at different times so it would be handy to know if there are any clinics or doctors on call 24 hours. Also is there lots of mini marts around to get supplies from.

Lastly how do we get there, how long is the boat ride, approx. price and is it a hellish journey like the journey travelling from Benoa to Gili Isands and return.

Thankyou very much in advance, your help is greatly appreciated

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Information wanted about Nusa Lembongan for family please

I am sure you will get plenty of answers from the experienced travellers. We went 3 years ago and found lembongan to be gorgeous, laidback and totally relaxing. We took the Scoot fast boat over and it was from memory only 30 mins and ok. It was a little bumpy due to the seas but felt quite safe. You have a couple of options, Scoot, Rocky and Lembongan fast boats. About $50 return for an adult and $28 for kids, perhaps you could negotiate a better price from one of the tour booths. Their is a small clinic/hospital and various small shops for bits and pieces. However you might be better off buying essentials for your kids before you go over. Accommodation wise we are staying this year at Tarci Bungalows $50 a night.. Not sure if this would tick the box's for kids. Can i suggest you have a look at a Nusa Lembongan map to decide which part of the island would suit you and the family. I only say this as getting around is on foot or on bike so staying central to everything might be better for you all. Good luck and i look forward to seeing the experts posts so i can learn some tricks aswell.

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
610 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Information wanted about Nusa Lembongan for family please

Hi Stephanie. Here is a link to my JBR of Nusa Lembongan.

Let me know if you have any questions.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Information wanted about Nusa Lembongan for family please

Thanks simi07, i will have a look at the map, my husband will hire a scooter, so getting around will be no problems. I started reading some posts, and wanted to stay away from accommodation that has stairs...going up stairs with young kids is hard work.i just didn't know which beach was the safest with kids, easy beach access etc. My kids are happy playing in the sand or swimming all day long, very easy to keep happy. The gardens requirement is for me. I also saw that my budget will be no problems too, many cheap places. I will check your place out, too. Thanks again for your reply

Edited: 12:09 am, May 19, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Information wanted about Nusa Lembongan for family please

Thanks so much skadim, i will check out that link when i get a chance, really appreciate it.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Information wanted about Nusa Lembongan for family please

Dear SkadiM, thanks for that, what a great read. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. The stairs! Don't like the amount of stairs, is it all like that to get to the hotel from the beach? Is it worth getting a room with A/C or is a fan sufficient? We adjust pretty quickly to the weather, even though warm and sunny in the Gili's i would be cold at night with the accommodation right on the beach. We are just after simple budget accommodation and hot water (for kids)....bath would be ideal as we don't have one for the kids at home. Is there lots of warungs and local stalls (for us) close by or is it just restaurants (for kids)? Sounds like my husband will have fun surfing there.

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
610 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Information wanted about Nusa Lembongan for family please

We like staying in that area because its close to the surf and there are lots of restaurants close by. There are a few stalls around and a small hospital on the main street. The stairs weren't so bad up to room no. 3. No bath tho. Re air cond. I would be happy with just a fan but the boys insisted on the air cond.

Rather than staying in the accom on the hill...maybe stay somewhere along the beach part. I saw some really nice, simple looking places along the front. Not sure of names tho.

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
112 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Information wanted about Nusa Lembongan for family please

Tarci bungalows would be great for you, on the beach, small pool, flat no steps to rooms. The owners little girl will play with your kids, lovely place to stay. The hospital closes at night but staff sleep there so if needed you just arrive and they call the doctor. There are also a few doctors clinics.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Information wanted about Nusa Lembongan for family please

Thanks Sharon, sounds perfect, will look into that one.

9. Re: Information wanted about Nusa Lembongan for family please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, May 21, 2015