We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid Cliff Walk

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
192 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Mid Cliff Walk

My daughter and I would like to do a daytrip from Sydney in early March 2014. I have looked at some of the package tours but I'm not sure they would include what we want. We definitely want to go to the Wildlife Park and 3 Sisters but we would like to do the Blue Mountains Mid Cliff Walk to see the views over Jamison Valley. Can anyone suggest a tour group for us or should we try to book a private tour? If so, do you have anyone to recommend?

Many thanks

M

9 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,216 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid Cliff Walk

You don't say whether you are driving or on a tour? If you are driving you don't need a guide, all the walks are clearly marked and easy enough to find. I would however suggest visiting the wildlife park takes a fair amount of time that could be used in the mountains themselves.

www.visitnsw.com/destinations/blue-mountains…

Edited: 9:49 pm, December 31, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
192 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid Cliff Walk

We will not have a car so we will need transport so a group tour or a private guide is probably what we will need...I think?

M

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,216 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid Cliff Walk

There are dozens of organized tours to choose from ... it's just a case of trawling through until you find the one you want. Even though I lived in Katoomba for many years I have never heard of this walk ... however there are many cliff walks to see the valley, it can easily be seen from the 3 Sisters Lookout.

If you want to visit the wildlife park you will need to choose a tour from Sydney, not in the mountains themselves.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mid Cliff Walk

Are you sure you don't mean the Under Cliff walk? I've never heard of the Mid Cliff Walk either and we hike in the Mountains regularly.

Have a look at www.wildwalks.com. It covers all the walks in the Blue Mountains. None need a guide as the tracks are very well marked and the directions on this site tell you how to get to and from the walk to public transport.

Wentworth Falls...
Level Contributor
201 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mid Cliff Walk

Have a look at the TA reports for the Blue Mountains Explorer Bus. It is a Hop on Hop off bus and so you are "on your own" but you get a guide book and maps and times for each walk so that planning your day is easy. Details of the walks are also on their web site.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
192 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mid Cliff Walk

The following is a blurb about the particular walk I am trying to locate. Does it sound familiar at all?

7.) Blue Mountains Mid Cliff Walk (Australia): The Blue Mountains is a mountainous region in New South Wales, Australia. It borders on Sydney’s metropolitan area. The Mid Cliff Walk is a path that is carved into the sheer cliff face. There are handrails, ladders and lookouts all along the path, offering wonderful views of Jamison Valley. As long as they don’t mind heights.

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Mid Cliff Walk

Maybe you are looking for this one:

…nsw.gov.au/blue-mountains-national-park/nat…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
748 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mid Cliff Walk

Here's a map of the Wentworth Falls area and the various walks:

www.nationalpass.com.au/npws-map-static.php

The one in the middle of the cliff section is officially called National Pass - the "Mid Cliff Walk" is a made up name. This walk does a loop from Wentworth Falls using National Pass and comes back along the Overcliff track to get back to your starting point:

wildwalks.com/bushwalking-and-hiking-in-nsw/…

You can also do a one-way track to the Conservation Hut via National Pass.

There's also the Over Cliff/Under Cliff walk at the top which is also spectacular:

wildwalks.com/bushwalking-and-hiking-in-nsw/…

Edited: 6:46 am, January 09, 2015
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
192 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mid Cliff Walk

You're right! It was the National Pass. We did do that hike when we were there and it was spectacular!

Reply to: Mid Cliff Walk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted