We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunshine Coast - somewhere to stay at Christmas?

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
195 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Sunshine Coast - somewhere to stay at Christmas?

We are a family of four - two adults and two teenage boys. We are planning to stay several nights over the Christmas period, and would like suggestions on where would be best to stay in the Sunshine Coast region (with a nice swimming pool which is a priority for us). Preferably any suggestions should also take into account having a nice restaurant in close (walking) proximity where we can have our Christmas Day lunch....

We are thinking of something in either Noosa or Mooloolaba, but keen to hear about any other places where there are nice swimming beaches, and shops or activities for families.

Our budget is up to AUD $200 per night for four people (if possible!), and accommodation must have one queen bed and two single beds, rather than two queen beds!

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunshine Coast - somewhere to stay at Christmas?

you may not be able to be too fussy

have you checked to see if there is anything still available

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,682 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunshine Coast - somewhere to stay at Christmas?

Hi

A lot of places have a one week minimum over that period and you'll be lucky to find anything reasonably priced over that time.

I think you'd be best to do a search of agents offering holiday accommodation to see what's available. There are many of them, but this is the one we usually use.

lagunarealestate.com.au/noosa-holidays/noosa…

You could also have a look at Stayz, but bear in mind that a lot of the offerings are from agents rather than just owners.

stayz.com.au/accommodation/…

And a final thought. Noosaville is cheaper than Noosa itself. We like it on the river.

Good luck with your search.

Oz
Level Contributor
11,441 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunshine Coast - somewhere to stay at Christmas?

Hi,

I agree with the Noosaville suggestion but for that budget at that time of the year you are going to need lots of luck :-0

Try this site as a search engine and if you do find something book it immediately it won't last.

http://www.wotif.com

Cheers,

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,682 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunshine Coast - somewhere to stay at Christmas?

Hi again

You might also look at Caloundra. It's certainly cheaper than either Noosa or Mooloolaba but does have a great range of accommodation. Good swimming at Kings Beach with surf patrols which would be good for your teenagers.

Edited: 6:00 pm, June 26, 2014
Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
195 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunshine Coast - somewhere to stay at Christmas?

Thanks for the advice so far.

I think, going from what has been said, that we can expect to pay more, but I'm going to do a lot of shopping around to see where I can get the best price.

My friend recently stayed at Caloundra with her hubby and they liked it, so will investigate that further and also Noosaville.

(We went to Noosa for our honeymoon 19 years ago, but haven't been back since.)

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
688 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunshine Coast - somewhere to stay at Christmas?

Caloundra is a great option for families. look up Henzell's holiday lettings.

7. Re: Sunshine Coast - somewhere to stay at Christmas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 21, 2015