We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog boarding Caloundra area

Newcastle Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Dog boarding Caloundra area

Hi,

We have week at Caloundra and can't board our dog at unit we are staying at. She is a 4 month old puppy so don,t want to leave her at home and will grab her for occasional day trips. We have had two places recommended

1. Caloundra Pets Boarding Kenneks and Cattery

2. Sunshine Coast Pet Resort

Does anyone have any experience with these or recommend any others.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

M&K

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog boarding Caloundra area

When we lived on the Sunshine Coast and went on holidays, we would use these people

dontfretpet.com.au/home-page/welcome-to-dont…

Home based pet minding. They have minders all over the coast.

Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog boarding Caloundra area

Whichever you use specify that your dogs is to be housed alone as we used one of these and our dog was injured because another do was put in with her. They did not notice her injury (which needed stitches) until we picked her up.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog boarding Caloundra area

Sorry, I know I am a little late with this review, but hopefully other people might find it helpful.

We used Sunshine Coast Pet Resort while we were away in London. We put our little dog into the Golden Paw Lounge. It was FANTASTIC!!! We have left him before at the Samford Pet Resort and honestly, I would never go back - there was NO comparison! For dogs in the Golden Paw Lounge, they are all under 10kg and play together all day. They take them out for 2 or 3 wee breaks each day, plus playtime outside EVERY day plus walks everyday (walks are an extra cost of $5). We could see him whenever we wanted via their webcam and we could see how attentive the staff were and how regularly they interacted with the dogs. We could see the dogs playing together and the flooring was nice vinyl rather than concrete (they had couches and tables to rest on too). Honestly, it was the best experience. Oh AND they put up pics and updates via Facebook.

Overall top rating. The only con is that their reception area needed a clean and I found the reception staff to be a bit doey - but other than that 5 stars!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog boarding Caloundra area

Thanks for your review it is very helpful, our little dog has just arrived at the Golden Paw Lounge today for the first time, we are watching him via the web cam and he looks a little lost but it looks like he will be very comfortable there. Will wait until he's home to give a better review. Thanks again!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dog boarding Caloundra area

Fantastic, thanks for letting me know that you found my review helpful. Hopefully your dog enjoyed his stay.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dog boarding Caloundra area

How was your dog after their vist?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dog boarding Caloundra area

Well I'm happy to update that Beau had a great stay and he came home happy and healthy and he smelt so clean and fresh! The staff looked after him well, we received updates via Facebook when requested and also got shown photos of him being cuddled during his times of nervousness. I would not hesitate to book him in again should the need arise, highly recommend them :)

8. Re: Dog boarding Caloundra area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 06, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Sunshine Coast