We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beefys Pies near Ettamogah Pub - Great Pies

Rotorua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
273 posts
751 reviews
Save Topic
Beefys Pies near Ettamogah Pub - Great Pies

I don't noramlly like pies in NZ but had to try an Aussie pie. Well the curried beef pie and the Potato top pie from Beefys was great. My husband and I could decide so got one of each to share. The potato top pie was huge. No wonder the place was very busy and they had so many varieties available. Must try more next time we are in Australia and see a Beefys pies, they seem to be all over the place in Queensland.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,565 posts
1,601 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beefys Pies near Ettamogah Pub - Great Pies

Yep, they are pretty good pies & thanks for sharing !!

Rotorua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
273 posts
751 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beefys Pies near Ettamogah Pub - Great Pies

I think I'm glad our pies over here aren't as good - otherwise I would be eating them all the time!

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beefys Pies near Ettamogah Pub - Great Pies

DISAPPOINTED. My husband and I could hardly wait to call back into Beefy Pies on Mon 18th Feb for our pie fix. But how disappointed were we. My Ned Kelly pie was the worst yet and my husband did not enjoy his pepper steak pie - think they forgot to put the pepper in. Are there new owners at this place now? There wasn't the usual selection. Were also disappointed to find they do not make Apple Cake any more. Next time we are over that way we will carry straight on to Mooloolaba.

Edited: 5:16 pm, March 03, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beefys Pies near Ettamogah Pub - Great Pies

Just picked up two family pies....for $41.00 AUSD!!!

Now this was the Beefy's near the petrol station on the highway rather than the one next to the Ettamogah pub, but still, that's ridiculously expensive for a pie.

They're good pies, but not $20-21 good. What are they thinking?

They now have at least three stores that I know of, one on the way to Bribie Island. Must be trying to pay off he mortgages on those places by jacking up the prices of pies to.....well, we're not going there again. Used to be $12-16/pie, but they've gone mental now. Good pies, but their cost is now ridiculous.

And whover they had parking the counter on Sept 1st at 1700 seemed like she'd rather be having bamboo inserted under her fingernails than have to serve another customer.

What in the world's happened to this place?

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beefys Pies near Ettamogah Pub - Great Pies

I have to admit they are my favourites, so much better than Yatala as they're no where near as salty. I make a point to call in either on the way up the coast or the way home every time.

Oscar

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beefys Pies near Ettamogah Pub - Great Pies

Oscar are you still doing the Eumundi Fair run. If so which is you day of the run. We are coming over again in July spending a week at Caloundra and will definitely catch up either Sat or Wed for a beer and possibly a pie

Park Avenue
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beefys Pies near Ettamogah Pub - Great Pies

I normally stop at Ettamogah or Aussie World for a Pie as they were so nice but I have not been through for a number of Years and stopped there last weekend and see it is called "Beefys Pies" and do not recall it being this name before, I think it was just called the 'Pie Shoppe'.

But anyway this pie cost $5.50 for a plain steak pie which is dearer then what I am used to paying and it was terrible, the pie pastry was okay but the meat had no flavour and was incredibly salty.

They had a sign displaying award winning pie but I would not call this pie award winning and think they must of given another type of pie to win the award.

I may of come through on a Bad day but will try it again in 6 months time when I drive through again to see if this pie is any better and if not, will be the last time stopping there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beefys Pies near Ettamogah Pub - Great Pies

How on earth can you say NZ pies are no good compared to Australian ones? Big ben and Makatu pies from the BP do not count. I have lived in Australia for 6 years and almost cry every time I buy an Aussie 'meat' pie.I somehow convince myself this time will be a good one but it's always a rat sack with no real meat. I suggest you drive to Wellington head to Trisha's pies in Island bay and save yourself an expensive trip to Queensland.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beefys Pies near Ettamogah Pub - Great Pies

<<I suggest you drive to Wellington head to Trisha's pies in Island bay and save yourself an expensive trip to Queensland. >>

Snap

10. Re: Beefys Pies near Ettamogah Pub - Great Pies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 23, 2015