We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying of rail tickets in Switzerland

Which Brienz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
44 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Buying of rail tickets in Switzerland

Hi,

I will be visiting Switzerland in Sept 2013. My trip is planned thru a tour operator. I however have 1 day at my leisure at Engelberg. I was not sure if I should buy rail tickets from India (online) or will it be better I buy it directly at the station.

Is there usually a availability problem, if we don't book in advance?

Also, How do the online tickets work, on SBB, do they send you hard copies internationally or can i get them delivered at my hotel in Engelberg on arrival?

Any ideas will be welcome.

Thanks

Ann

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,196 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying of rail tickets in Switzerland

Just buy your ticket when you are there. Weather may cause you to change your mind, etc. Additionally it will be less expensive! Trains are rarely full.

Enjoy your trip!

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying of rail tickets in Switzerland

Most nationals and visitors have some type of travel pass. Check out www.swisstravelsystem.com .

3. Re: Buying of rail tickets in Switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, May 13, 2015