We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Scilla

Which Scilla hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Train to Scilla

Greetings,

I will be travelling in Italy in June of 2013 with my wife and wish to take her to her grandmother's hometown. Can anyone tell me the quickest way to get from Naples/Sorrento to Scilla? I don't see any direct trains, which I presume is because Scilla is so small. Is there a direct bus, or what is the best way to go? Thank you.

J

7 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,662 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to Scilla

You are correct that there are no direct trains: you have to change at Lamezia or Gioia Tauro.

So far as I know, the only alternative would be a rental car. There are very few long-distance bus services in Italy.

2. Re: Train to Scilla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:11 pm, January 13, 2013

Reggio Calabria...
Level Contributor
8 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train to Scilla

How on earth can a would be destination expert suggest Lamezia or Gioia Tauro when Villa San Giovanni is way closer to Scilla!

Cork
Level Contributor
12 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train to Scilla

I agree with the above post, all trains from south bound trains from Naples stop at Villa San Giovanni and you can easily get a bus or taxi to Scilla from there.

Reggio Calabria...
Level Contributor
8 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train to Scilla

Only 10 km North of Villa!

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train to Scilla

We took the train from Reggio to Scilla last year, and I am in Reggio for 2 weeks now and plan to go back to Scilla. Beautiful little town with amazing seafood. The water is crystal clear and wish I'd brought snorkeling equipment with me. I don't recall changing trains when going from Reggio to Scilla...you man fly from Naples to Reggio -- relatively cheap flights are available, then train to Scilla.Everything is with walking distance once you get to Scilla.

Edited: 3:14 pm, May 27, 2013
Reggio Calabria...
Level Contributor
8 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train to Scilla

Yes, of course! But if you have to go specifically to Scilla from Naples, it would make no sense getting off at Reggio Calabria train station, then take a train to Scilla from Reggio, you get off directly at Villa S. Giovanni...got it? Please trust me, I'm a local!

Reply to: Train to Scilla
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Scilla